Unable to delete gmail messages.
JND_ROBINS4473

​I have 6 gmail messages that refuse to be deleted. When trying to delete them they flash but instantly reappear. I've tried several ways with the same results. I uninstalled the gmail app and reinstalled it with no change. I can't move them from the inbox and have tried to bulk delete all messages at once. All other emails will delete normally. Any ideas please?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delete gmail messages.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the data and cache on the Gmail application which will force the application to resync the email from the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried addressing them from the Gmail website on a computer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JND_ROBINS4473

Yes from the laptop and they are not there. They apparently deleted

normally. The cell messages that are undeletable are more than 30 days old

so are not in the trash file.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Virus-free.

www.avg.com

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

<#m_2364801923050605821_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the data and cache on the Gmail application which will force the application to resync the email from the server.

0 Likes
JND_ROBINS4473

Well that did put me on the right track and it has cleared the problem emails. Thank you Ann!!

Here's what I did:

Settings

Applications

Application manager

Scrolled to gmail

Click on Force stop

Storage

Clear data

Clear cache

0 Likes