Unable to connect to Microsoft Exchange
Ashlynn2882

I recently bought a Galaxy S5 and have been unable to set up a Microsoft exchange account to link to my work e-mail.  Our IT person checked everything possible and the problem is not on the server end it's on the phone end.  Any suggestions on how to get this to work?  It's essential that I be able to access work e-mail.  If I can't I'm going to have to get a new phone...

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to Microsoft Exchange
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashlynn2882,

We understand the importance of always staying in touch. What type of issues are you running into when you attempt to add the email address to the phone? Here is additional information to add the email on the account http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-98258/

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ashlynn2882

After I enter all of the information to add the account I get the message "Unable to Connect to Server" each time. 

0 Likes
Ashlynn2882

The link provided does not help as I am unable to add the account to the phone and therefore cannot change the sync settings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying those steps, Ashlynn2882! Are you able to add other e-mail accounts to your device? Are they working okay? When adding the e-mail account, are you connected to WiFi or Cellular data? Lets try to add it by connecting to your cellular data connection.

Share details so that I can better assist.

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

If you are able to use data on your phone then you may have to reach back to your IT guy /Samsung . Perhaps  an app will  work search exchange email in playstore. Vzw provides data voice and texts they can  only go so far with your  company email.

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3

dont know what settings you've tried but your company's email may be similar to hotmail that it needs to be tweaked a little when coming from a phone. the domain/username should be \email@email.com  if u have to type a domain name in when accessing it from a browser on a home computer put that domain name infront of the \. try adding m. in front of your company's server address so it would b similar to m.hotmail.com

0 Likes