Re: Unable to Answer Some Calls
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sofar I have thought that the problem was fixed twice. 

The first time the Verizon rep took my phone out of service and then put it back in.  This lasted a few days.

This last time I did the factory reset.  I am not sure how long this one lasted since people have almost given up on calling me on my cell.  I do know that I got a call 2 weeks or so ago and thought that they had just hung up since I didn't get to my phone fast enough, but when I talked to them it sounded like my problem was back. 

Then today I noticed a couple of spoof calls that I get that didn't have anyone on the end so I had my neighbor call me a few times, yep it is back, not being able to answer some calls.  Not all but just some.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JimaP, we never want to hear that you're having trouble receiving calls. I want to help take a look at this with you. Is the issue occurring with a specific phone number? How often is it occurring with your calls?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happens enough to be a problem.

People have actually given up calling me and now just text me to call them.

Yesterday I called tech support and I don't know if they did anything or not 

0 Likes
Apollo815
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any true fixes yet? I had an iPhone SE that I was about to throw out the window. Replaced it with a 7 and the problem continues. Really don't want to jump through hoops here on random suggestions. Read many forum posts and it seems the problem returns for people. 

Is there a fix or shall I find another carrier?

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did 2 complete phone resets before mine started working correctly.  It worked for a while after the first but then started messing up up again.  I talked with Samsung about it but they were clueless about the problem but they were willing to check it out if I sent it to them.  But I decided to try the reset again and it has been working fine ever since which is 3 months now.

Good luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to leave. With a recurring issue, I’d want a direct solution too. You mention the inability to answer traveled from the iPhone SE to a 7. Now is this an iPhone 7 or something else? Is the same SIM card from the iPhone SE being used now?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Apollo815
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, David. Yes, I have an iPhone 7 now. It is likely that I moved the SIM card from the SE to the 7, but I don't recall for certain.

0 Likes
terryh14

I’m having a similar problem.

old phone was iPhone 6.  Some calls rolling directly to voicemail, did not ring on the phone and did not show up on recent call list.

got a new unlocked samsung galaxy s10e.  Different SIM card.  Same problem.  Some calls rolled directly to voicemail, but a second call from the same caller would connect properly.  Some calls didn’t even connect to voicemail... caller just said the phone buzzed.  Some calls worked properly.  This happened with different contacts calling me.

No, i do not have call forwarding or do not disturb or call blocking on. Outgoing calls work fine.  Texts work fine.

i wonder if WiFi calling is the problem? I had it turned on for both the iPhone 6 and the s10e, since our cell signal is very weak.  

I restored the new s10e to factory settings and haven’t installed any additional apps.  I have not turned WiFi calling on.  Don’t know if I’ve missed any calls yet or not.  The whole situation is frustrating and unacceptable.

BTW the galaxy s7 in the same household on the same verizon plan works fine.  Thank goodness we have one phone that works.

Since my new phone is unlocked and not under contract, i guess the next step is to try a different carrier.

0 Likes
joscar
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is clearly a major problem with Verizon. There a number of other Verizon Community threads describing the same exact issue, and all are missing a real solution to the problem. A selection of these threads includes:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Prepaid-Plans/Incoming-call-does-not-connect-when-answered/...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/I-can-t-answer-pick-up-incoming-cal...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/cant-answer-pick-up-incoming-call...

We all seem to have different phones and be in different areas. Verizon this issue needs to be escalated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Apollo815, we would like to take a look at your account. Is there anyway that you can meet us in a Private or Direct Message in Facebook or Twitter?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes