Unable to Answer Some Calls
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 V2 that was new back in 12/2018.  

I can not answer some calls and some can be answered

When I get a call that can not be answered it just rings on the callers end without going to voice mail.  On my end when I try to answer it the answer screen opens but no caller is there.   I am also not able to turn on the speaker, mute, or keypad.  The timer is operating until I hit the call disconnect. 

I have removed and cleaned the sim card, and reset the phone, but haven't done a hard reset.  I called Verizon customer support a couple of weeks ago and they reprogramed it in Verizons system and it worked for a few days but now it is back to doing the same thing.

I have the HD voice and video turned on.

Once again this does not happen to all the calls or at certain times during the day or night.  It happens randomlly during the day.  One call I can answer then the next I can't. 

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to Answer Some Calls
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got another call that I could not answer.  However I need to correct a couple of things. 

The keypad does work.  I can activate the speaker, mute, and the keypad. 

When I can't answer the call and the caller hangs up and calls right back their call goes to voicemail unless they wait a couple of minutes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At this point we recommend completing our troubleshooting guide online here

http://spr.ly/6607E5nsJ

If that does not work, and you have completed a factory reset of the device, please respond to the private note I will send you here to troubleshoot with us.

PaulS_VZW

0 Likes
KELNIC22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to get this fixed by Verizon or did they try to tell you it is a signal issue?

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

They suggested a total phone reset, which I did and all is well for the last couple of weeks. 

Before I did this at the first of April a Verizon rep took the phone out of service and then put it back in and it worked for a week or so.  So now after a whole phone reset I'll see, but it is looking good. 

Just remember if you do this make sure that everything is backed up.  I saved my photos to a laptop computer and when I went through the reset that was all I lost on the phone itself.  It was fairly simple to replace them from the computer. 

My fingers are crossed that I won't have this issue again.

0 Likes
KELNIC22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, please let me know if that works!  I am having the same issue and they tried to tell me that the Tower near my house had a weak signal and that was the problem.  Well what about when I am 20 miles from my house and it still does this?  Sometimes, I don't think they have a clue and they just blame it on something that it is NOT to give an answer, because they are lazy and don't want to fix it!  I really want to know how to get this fixed as I am missing alot of calls this way.  So you did a factory reset, correct?  Do you have Android Pie?

0 Likes
Re: Have you performed any troubleshooting steps on your device? Re: Unable to Answer Some Calls
KELNIC22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we went thru several things except for the factory reset because I am not the only person that I know who is having this issue.  My son's phone on my account is doing this, my husband's phone who is not on my account is doing the same thing.  I have also asked several of my friends and they are having the same issue, so I know it's not my phone or my home tower, which is what Verizon tried to say the problem was yesterday when I spoke with them.  They supposedly put in a work ticket for my close tower and simply told me that the weak signal was the problem and offered to send me the network extender.  I have had the exact same signal on my phones with Verizon for years, but never seen this issue before!  So after they told me that I did some research and asked some friends and also tested my phone far enough away from that tower so there is no possible way Verizon can blame it on that again!  All of the Verizon friends I spoke with said they have experienced this happening to them as well.  And I found countless issues online regarding people having this problem with Verizon.  Many of them are on here, the community boards of Verizon.  So would you like to be the one at Verizon who can get this issue fixed for real, Anthony?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelnic22, I can only begin to imagine how frustrating it would be to not be receiving all of your calls. I am here to help. There is no known issue in our system for intermittent calls so I'd really like to dive into this further with you. The original poster is having this issue specifically on a Samsung Galaxy J7, is this the same device you have? Are you experiencing this issue everywhere you go? Did this start with a specific new device?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am replying back now because the problem has returned. 

So far I have reset the phone back to factory default, followed the trouble shooting on the web here and everything else that has been suggested. 

It may of started happening a while ago since I believe that a couple of weeks ago I got a phone call that I thought the caller had just hung up with me and I called them back without thinking to ask them. 

This is on my Samsung J7 that was purchased new in the end of December from Verizon directly on the web. 

This is getting very agrivating..........

KELNIC22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi JimaP,  Here is what to do.  Call Verizon and reference their Verizon NRB 000009797202 master ticket.  This is the ticket that fixed this issue in my area.  Call them at 866-704-0190 to skip the drama and get to the tech support.  If it asks you to do this over text just press #2 for no and you should then get a person on the phone.  If they have that master ticket to reference I think they should be able to solve your problem as my phone seems ok now.  But I am holding on to this ticket number just in case it decided to come back.  Good luck 😬

0 Likes