USB connection hosed
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the Verizon S/W update this morning and now when I connect to my computer to transfer files, it does nothing but connect for charging - no USB connection.  I use this alot for work

Also my battery is draining much faster than normal

Anyone having thsame issues?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: USB connection hosed
jess5846

Mine is doing the same thing but my gallery won't even open for me to look at pictures. It worked fine up until this update.

0 Likes
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've connected vai USB to other computers that normally work fine with connecting my S3 and none of those recognize the phone.  This is a serious limitation as my phone serves as a work phone also

0 Likes
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

My gallery works fine, though I really don't need the fancy graphics that I'm sure drain my battery even more

0 Likes
adr58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting that this morning on connecting to my computer, it was recognized as a USB device - did they sneak in an update overnight????  I'll be monitoring the terrible battery consumption today also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear jess5846,

Good afternoon. Not being able to view your picture gallery can be quite frustrating. I personally also received this update and did not experience this issues. Below are steps you may try to resolve your equipment concerns.

Do you get an error message when clicking on gallery? First, let's try the basic powering off phone, then removing your battery. Replace the battery back to your phone and power phone back on. Click on gallery and verify you can view your pictures. If you are still unable to view gallery, try removing sim and re-inserting. For directions click http://vz.to/V5RXCf If you are still experiencing difficulites, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great weekend!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes