USB Connection & Android Auto Not Working After Recent Update
Odin72

So this past week's update messed up my USB connections on my laptop and Android Auto in my car no longer works.  The day before (December 19th) I had connected my phone to my PC to transfer files and used Android Auto and then on December 20th I installed that update and later that day couldn't connect to my PC anymore.  It says 'device malfunctioned' and will only charge.  Then today I went to use Android Auto because I needed the GPS to get somewhere and guess what?  Nothing!

There is no doubt that this update messed up USB connections and that is RIDICULOUS!  I factory reset the phone today and both issues still occur.

Is there anything that can fix this??  I am at a loss and VERY angry!!

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: USB Connection & Android Auto Not Working After Recent Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation, Odin72. We definitely understand how important it is to connect your PC to your device. We want to help. Have you tried uninstalling the Android Auto Application off of your device to see if re-installing it makes any difference. What is the make and model of the device that you are using?

ElizabethC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes