UPDATE ERROR
kandl5508
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received an update on my S10E and now my screen is locked up with a aqua color background and a big downloading symbol in the middle.

It says:

Partition recover

Reson recover:  Error verifying vbmeta image:  invalid vbmeta header (6)

CUSTOM recovery

VBMETA G970USQU3DTC9, 29998301R

I have tried to force reboot, but it just comes right back to the same screen.  I also tried to force shutdown, but it will not work.  the power is staying on and the phone is staying on the same screen no matter what I do.

Labels (1)
Re: UPDATE ERROR
wreckem_81
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue with my sons phone.. on phone with tech support tier 2 and there saying he caused it... there dumb he doesnt mess with stuff.. hes not tech savey no offense to him.

0 Likes
fwelch

Has anyone found a solution for this?  Same problem on my S10, it was updating and then ended up in the same situation.

0 Likes
fwelch

UPDATE:  after about an hour on tech support I was told the phone is completely gone and I have to replace it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. I recognize the importance of working service, and I am motivated to help you in every way that I can. Which steps did you follow to force reboot? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you can't shutdown your phone, let it drain the battery until it shuts off, then plug it back in and try to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is concerning that you are having the same issue as you expressed, wreckem_81. Let me look into your individual concerns as it relates to your son's phone. Is your son able to use his device at this time to make and receive calls? What's the software version on your son's phone?   To check here's a link to help out https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-222949/  and share with us this information so we can assist you further.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Jim_Galaxy_S7_edge

"Factory Reset?!" Seriously? Lose everything on your phone because of what appears to be a corrupted update from Verizon? That's not right. 

0 Likes
Jim_Galaxy_S7_edge

I was told by Verizon in Chat yesterday that I might be able to factory reset my phone - because the Verizon update corrupted my system. Thousands of photos, settings, apps, data all down the drain because of an update. 

0 Likes
Jim_Galaxy_S7_edge

After putting off the latest Verizon update (#33) for several days, I finally set my phone to update - while fully charged, and while on WiFi, as recommended. This was Wednesday night, April 8. On Thursday, April 9 I received the standard message, "update installed successfully," and I clicked OK. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, that I've had for a few years. It's been reliable, performed without any issues, is always in a case, in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. Suddenly, after the Verizon system update, it will not boot up. The Samsung logo comes in, appearing in white on the black background, Verizon red dot with "Hello" message comes in, followed by Verizon logo and moving dots in indicating loading, and then suddenly back to black and Samsung logo screen all over again ... staying in an infinite loop. 

I held both the volume down button and the power button for about 12 seconds where it enacts "Safe Mode," and I tried rebooting (a few times now), which did not help and the infinite loop continues. I engaged VZ CS via chat, and no positive progress. 

This update error prevents my phone from being used, and may have caused everything on my phone to be gone forever.  

0 Likes