Typical or unique kitkat problem?
pbogie

My Galaxy S4 worked flawlessly in the year or so I had it. It even worked reasonably well after the kitkat update for several weeks.

Then last weekend, the phone just started continuously rebooting. Luckily, it was under warranty, so Verizon sent me a replacement (actually, they messed up the order, and sent me 3(!) replacements).

The weird thing is that exactly the same thing happened with every replacement phone. The first one, I let in automatically install kitkat, and the phone began constantly rebooting. On the second, I went a couple of days, constantly putting off the update. The phone was working fine. I finally figured, what the heck, I have another phone sitting in a box in my office, let's try the upgrade. Same thing - constant re-booting.

Now I'm on my "last" new/refurb phone, and there's no way I'm going to install the update, no matter how insistent it gets.

But I'm wondering if there could be some issue with either the sim card or the memory card that is causing the rebooting problem. This doesn't seem to be the typical type of issue that I'm seeing being complained about.

Should I try customer support again? Ask them to replace the sim card? Should I try a new memory card?

0 Likes
Re: Typical or unique kitkat problem?
tprx49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent almost two hours on the phone with Tech support. New sim card didn't help. New memory card didn't help and replacement phone no help. I have been with Verizon wireless for over 20 years, this is the first problem I have had and it is a doozie. Still waiting on a repair patch.

Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Are you using the same battery for each phone?

If so, try a new battery. 

0 Likes
pbogie

Thanks for letting me know. Still waiting here too

0 Likes