Trying to make a gif
Mboom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to make and send a gif in messenger. I go through the steps and it tells me GIF failed to load retry or cancel. I have retried and canceled several times and even power down my phone.

Is there a setting I am missing or is there something wrong with GIF in messenger?

0 Likes
Re: Trying to make a gif
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

GIFs sure are great to send, Mboom , and, believe me I’ve sent a lot in my days. However I’ve never undertaken the task of creating one. Tell us, what is the app you are using to make it?

Also as to why it’s not sending, potentially it could be too large of a file. How big is the .GIF file size?

pjb157
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

I apologize for posting my questions here, but I can't find where to add a new (related) question.

so that would be my first question:)

Question 1.  I have an S7 Edge and I used to be able to create a gif right in the Verizon text messaging app.  I could tap the plus sign and the option would be "create a gif".

Can you tell me where this went?

Question 2:  if I want to take a picture and attach it in Messages, I don't want to have to then select "Take a picture" or "record a video"., after I tap the camera in messages. Can "take a picture" be set as a default?

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjb157,

We want you to get the most out of our Verizon Messages App and your attachment options. Let's get this figured out. What happens now when you select the plus sign inside of your Verizon Messages App? Unfortunately, setting "take a picture" is not an option that can be set as a default.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pjb157
Enthusiast - Level 2

when I tap the plus sign, the usual options display. (camera,gallery,recent pics, places,egifts,yahoo search, collage, and more)  I used to be able to tap on the camera. and then one of the options was to "create a gif"  It is not there anymore.  It says "what do you want to do?  Take a photo/ record a video.  The option to create a gif is gone.

thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy all the feature the Galaxy S7 Edge has to offer. How long ago did the issues start? Were there any changes to the phone around that time (updates, new apps)?

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pjb157
Enthusiast - Level 2

started within the past month.  no updates were done, as far as i know.  So no one else has experienced this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this with you. You mentioned that you did not experience any updates between the time of being able to use this feature. Do you recall adding or removing any applications since then?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pjb157
Enthusiast - Level 2

nothing has changed.  the option is no longer there.  While I appreciate you wanting to help, this is not helping. Do you know what option I am talking about?  Or are we just prolonging this?

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do know what option you're talking about, pjb157. I'm really sorry this recently changed so suddenly. I was just working with Verizon Messages on a Samsung and even tried downloading a GIF application. When I tried to attach a GIF in a message, I wasn't given the option either. Can you please try this, using the default Samsung Messaging application?

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes