Top row of icons/top of screen stops working
BAS071509
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a weird one I haven't seen asked elsewhere:

I have a Galaxy S6 that's about 3 months old.  No damage.  Since shortly after I received it, periodically the top 1/5 or so of the screen will stop being responsive to touch.  I can still drag the notifications area down, and I can still see what's displayed in that area of the screen, but (for example) the top row of icons on my home screen won't respond, I can't move to different parts of the home screens by swiping in that area, I can't access the menus of apps that have them up at the top, etc.  The rest of the screen works perfectly fine at all times, even when this issue is occurring.  A reset fixes the problem (for now), but obviously it's really annoying and I'd prefer to stop it from happening to begin with  I haven't tried to figure out if it's a dud app because it only happens maybe once per week or less and I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, and it's not practical to uninstall everything and reinstall it over the next 2 years while I wait to see if it happens again.  Is this maybe a warranty claim, or has anyone had this happen?

0 Likes