Time zone keeps changing
hh93454
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same problem showed up this week for my wife and me. We both have Samsung S8s. They are randomly switching to Pacific time, then back to the (correct) Mountain time. It's especially bad for my wife, since she has a Samsung Watch, that is synced with her phone. For now, I've set her phone to not use network time. I have a regular watch, so I'll let my phone wander for a while. This is in Arvada CO, about 5 miles west of Denver. Is this a flaky cell site?

Re: Time zone keeps changing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hh93454, dealing with time set up issues on your device and your wife's phone can be a headache, especially since you need it to adhere to your schedule, we want to find a fix. When did the issues start? Any recent changes (moved, new update, new apps, etc.)? Have you attempted to set up the time manually?

GilbertoL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it changing by one hour only? Is it occurring at the same location or multiple locations?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

hh93454
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue started around 1/22/19. It was after I returned to the Denver area from California. It was first noticed on my wife's Samsung S8 since she has a watch synced to it. I then noticed my phone was an hour off and indicated it was on Pacific Standard Time. I've changed her phone to use a fixed time zone instead of using network time. I'm keeping mine on network time in the hopes it will be resolved. We are traveling east next week, so automatic time zone correction would be useful. I have not traveled far from home in the past week since I work from home. I will be going to SE Denver this evening and will see how the time on the phone behaves. Here at home, it is intermittent, flipping back and forth between PST and MST.

No new applications have been installed, though there has been a firmware update pushed to the phones.

0 Likes
andrabeatty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was in Denver (mountain time) a couple of weeks ago and came back to Texas after one week for technology training.  My phone and phone calendar are now all crazy out of sync!!!  Texas is Central Standard Time and my phone keeps moving everthing over to Central Daylight Time. My Google calendar on my S7 is so messed up. I arrived over an hour early to a meeting last week because my phone keeps moving everything over to the wrong Central Daylight Time.  I opened EVERY calendar appointment and had to manually change them all to CST Central Standard Time, but it does not stay changed!  Soooo Frustrating when you depend on your alarm and calendar on your phone!   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I too would be concerned if my phone was constantly changing timezones, andrabeatty. I also rely on my device to keep my calendar appointments and alarms. While I am glad that you were early to your meeting, as opposed to late, we want to make sure we get this fixed. I wanted to start by gathering some additional details. You mentioned you were out of town and noticed that this started after returning. When did this issue specifically start, if not immediately after returning? Do you know if any other Verizon users or devices are having the same trouble in this area? Can you share the nearest cross streets and city where you're experiencing this trouble?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes