Text messaging issue.
rebar27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got a new galaxy s3, got everything setup, to the best of my knowledge, made sure to make the phone my active device on the account. I just tried sending a text message but it keeps telling me the message failed on sending. No error code, just simply stating the message failed to send. Any help would be great.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messaging issue.
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Try powering the phone off, remove sim card for couple minutes.  Put the sim card back and power up.  Once phone shows service try again.  Also are you using the text app on the phone or a downloaded text app?

View solution in original post

kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Try powering the phone off, remove sim card for couple minutes.  Put the sim card back and power up.  Once phone shows service try again.  Also are you using the text app on the phone or a downloaded text app?

rebar27
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is the factory text app on the phone, I will do what you said and give it a try.

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Another option to try is to go to settings/apps or manage apps.  At the top select all and scroll down to find the text msg icon(it will either say messaging, text msg or sms).  Open it up and press clear data if it's populated and force stop then try again...hopefully it helps:)

0 Likes
rebar27
Enthusiast - Level 1

This method did the trick, thanks so much!

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

No problem:)

0 Likes