Text messages not working between galaxy s4 and IPhone 4
Johnbx

Having issues sending and receiving text messages between my samsung s4 and IPhone 4 and 4S ? I'm able to send/receive text messages other

android's devices.

0 Likes
Re: Text messages not working between galaxy s4 and IPhone 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Johnbx,

Text messaging is my main means of communication with family and friends so I feel your pain! But don't worry because I'm here to help get this resolved. You'll be texting to iPhone in no time!

Are you having this issue only when sending or receiving text from people with iPhones? Does it happen with all iPhones or just a specific person's iPhone?

Did you previously have an iPhone before activating your new S4? There have been several reports of people who previously had an iPhone but change to an S3 and are no longer able to receive SMS from other iPhone users who have iMessage turned on. This may also be the case with the S4.

You need to go to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do and unregister your old iPhone to resolve the issue. Once unregistered it may take a few hours before it updates and you're able to send/receive text message with iPhone devices that have iMessages turned on.

Please give this a try and keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Caitlin_mangan1992
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never owned a iphone and I am not recieving their text messages on time or at all with my galaxy s4. I want this problem fixed. I did just get a new phone number maybe those ppl who owned before me had a iphone and didnt unregister (which leaves me in a tough situation huh)?. I dont know what the problem is. But I am very un-happy. If you guys were to tell me that I could not reach almost my entire family, the father of my kid, and almost all my friends I would of never waisted my money on this phone. PLEASE FIX IT!

Mike_M222

I found that if Mobile Data is turned off and you are connected to WiFi, you cannot send or receive text messages to phones using carriers other than Verizon.  With Mobile Data off, I could send/receive texts to other Verizon phones but not to/from phones on AT&T or other carriers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Caitlin.mangan1992
  I want to help find a fix to this tough messaging situation. Did the trouble start when you changed phone numbers or when you activated your new S4? Or was that done the same time? Are you only having trouble receiving messages from people who have iPhones? Or only people with a different carrier? Are you using any of the messaging applications downloaded from Google Play or the original pre-installed application?

I'll be looking forward to more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Abliebowitz

OK. I can help you with the texting issue. After calling Verizon, and speaking with Samsung, neither one was able to help me with this same problem. I figured it out a few days later. You must own other apple products that use I messaging. Wether it is an iPod touch or iPad, these items can be used as long as you are running iOS 5 and newer.  Go into your apple devices settings. Scroll down to messages. You will see "send and receive messages'. Make sure that your cell phone number is unchecked. If it is checked, then by default you are receiving the texts to those devices. It works perfectly now that I unchecked my cell number to receive text messages. Do not do a battery pull, or delete and add your contact. That's all none sense.

0 Likes
Lowe23mi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with the S4 (just came over from iPhone 4S). It's only certain iPhone people that i can't receive from text messages from.  I just un-registered. I will see if that fixes my issuse

0 Likes
ponychick

I'm having a similar issue.  Out of the blue, last Thursday, my texts stopped being received by a T-Mobile customer.  I get their texts fine, and all my other contacts (amongst AT&T, Verizon and other T-Mobile users) send/receive just fine.  We checked and I'm not blocked, and in fact the phone calls go through no problem.  We've tried deleting each other from contact lists and then sending a text; again his come to me but he never gets mine.  Very frustrating as this is our main form of communication and we are completely stumped by this.

0 Likes
elfyeaf

I am having the same problem as well. I switched from a Verizon iphone 4 to a Samsung S4. I am not receiving any messages from iPhones, ESPECIALLY from other carriers.

0 Likes
kmstn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched to the Samsung Galaxy S4 on thursday night and I am not receiving texts from most iphones, even on the same carrier. I sometimes will get texts from one person using a verizon iphone but she is the only person that can get through. I traded in my iphone and it has already been shipped out from the store. Not sure what to do!

0 Likes