Text messages not being sent
telenetworxx

I just upgraded to a Samsung S4 last night and have noticed that not all my text messages are going through one the first attempt.  Is this a problem with the S4?  I didn't have this problem w/ my Bionic which is a horrible phone and haven't seen it mentioned in anything i looked at before my purchase.  Out of 10 messages i've sent this morning, i've had to resend 4 of them.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not being sent
Disgruntled_V_user

I am having the same problem.  I had no issue texting issues with my Bionic, but in the last couple of weeks my new S4 has been failing to send 1 in every 4 or so texts.  Sometimes re-sending works, sometimes not.  Rebooting the phone doesn't always work.  I am using the built in message app.

0 Likes
telenetworxx

I chatted w/ VZW and they suggested using "Verizon Messages" rather than the "Messaging" app.  it was already loaded on the phone and seems to work better so far.  See if that works for you.

0 Likes
Disgruntled_V_user

I don't have a Verizon Messages app.

(personal info removed)

"Don't be afraid of opposition. Remember, a kite rises against, not with the wind."

- Hamilton Wright Mabie

(email message information removed)

Comments edited for personal information as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
telenetworxx

You could probably find it in the Play store i would think.  Text messages seem to be okay for me so now I'm trying to figure out why emails won't send.  I've had my S4 for less than a week but spent more time on Support message boards and Verizon help lines than i have actually using the phone.

0 Likes