Text Messaging Problems?
Sharkeywashere
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else having problems with text messaging? I have a few message strings from people that just do not work correctly. I receive a text, open it, go to reply, and it gets completely stuck on a letter. It'll pause for awhile, minimize the keyboard, then I click back on the keyboard and it still won't bring up the blinking line indicating I can type. I have tried to delete the entire string of messages from these specific people but Messaging fails in the process and closes itself without deleting. It looks like messaging cannot delete text message strings that have a lot of text messages also. Anyone know how to do this? This is so frustrating! These are both relatively new problems after the forced KitKat update.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging Problems?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Sharkeywashere

I can imagine this becoming a frustrating experience for you!  I would love to assist in resolving.

Which model phone are you using, the Galaxy S III or the S III mini?  Are you using the preloaded Messaging application or have you downloaded a 3rd party messaging app?  Lastly, are you using the default keyboard or have you installed a different 3rd party keyboard app to use on your device?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sharkeywashere
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Galaxy SIII, I am using the preloaded Messaging application, and I use the default Samsung keyboard.

JGCSMOM

I'm having the same problem.  For no reason, the texting function seems to have a mind of its own.  It types in different letters or characters, then 'sends' by itself.

0 Likes