Temporary Background Processing notification
Cyriously
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a brand new Galaxy S9 Note. What does temporary background processing notification mean? It is in my notifications bar, appears like I yave a text message, and can't be cleared. Very annoying, because I cant tell when I really do have a text since notification icon is always there. I have optimized and closed out all background apps to no avail. I can't really turn off notifications for this app since that defeats its purpose. Help please!

Re: Temporary Background Processing notification
SSOKOL02
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing has been happening to me since I received my replacement phone 2 weeks ago. The only way I find to get rid of this notification is to go into Settings, Apps, find Message+ and hit "Force Stop" which makes it go away for a few hours. Then sure enough, it comes right back! My wife who has the same phone, hasn't gotten a replacement phone recently, she doesn't get this message.

It is EXTREMELY aggravating as I keep thinking I have a message or miss messages because I think its just the notification. Another thing I have noticed, is when messages do come through, I get a "downloading" alert... and i have to wait, and wait, and wait for it to load. then I can finally read the message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing that extra notification could certainly get annoying, SSOKOL02. We want to make sure we get to the bottom of this. You mentioned using 'Force close' on Message+ to get this to go away. Is this the app that is showing up in the notification bar as processing? Do you have a second device, like a tablet or your computer, that has Message+ installed? Are the software and apps up to date on your phone?

Nicole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dcorban89

So this was happening on my Galaxy S9+. I found if you press and hold on the notification it gives you the chance to click details. This will bring up the Message+ app settings. You can shut off individual settings, and the background syncing is one of them. I shut it off and my icon went away. Hope it works for you.

0 Likes
ColleenM47

Hi.  I keep getting this message.  I have Galaxy Note 9.  How do I make this message stop?  Thanks, C

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that seeing this notification constantly on your device is extremely inconvenient, and we are here to help. Please tell us, when did this start? Please make sure that your app is up to date. Also, we would like to ask you to please power off your device completely and power it back on.

eovannJ_VZW

0 Likes