Sync Home Outlook at Home AND Work Outlook at Work on S9+
thisisjampers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I considered a dual-SIM phone but active dual-SIM (which promises to accomplish my needs) is not readily available and convenient. So I'm going to give up my work phone (and phone number) and hope to still achieve complete separation between work and home on my computers and phones.

Phones:

• I'm giving up my home Blackberry Z30, and my work Galaxy S5. I just purchased the Galaxy S9+.
  • My wife has an iPhone 6s and will be upgrading in a few months (XR?).

Home:

• My wife and I use Outlook on our shared PC.
  • We share Outlook, including shared calendars, contacts, notes, and tasks.
  • We sync to our phones manually using Companion Link.
  • We have individual email addresses including from our ISP and Google.
  • We share other emails for general house needs i.e. utilities, banks, etc.
  • And I have an email account with the volunteer organization I do work for.
  • Some of the email accounts are set up as POP and some as IMAP.

Work:

• The company uses Outlook, and Exchange Server to sync to my phone.

Need: 

• Individual calendars, contacts, notes, tasks for home and for work.
  • Incoming calls and texts look at both contact lists to identify the caller regardless if home or work contact.
  • Regular, automatic syncing.
  • Work information stays isolated from the home PC.

I hope someone can help. If so, I will accept you as a rock star!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sync Home Outlook at Home AND Work Outlook at Work on S9+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello thisisjampers, 

It's important to make things as easy as possible, especially when it comes to your Outlook accounts, and syncing what you need on your Galaxy S9+. I'm eager to assist you today. Tell me, how many email accounts do you have? Do they all use the same domain, or no? Have you tried to sync the accounts? Here's a link that provides you with the information on Account Sync with the S9+: http://spr.ly/6605Ex9iJ

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
thisisjampers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

1. Four email accounts with same domain. One is only mine. One is only my wife's. Two we share.
  2. Plus one yahoo, and one gmail.
  3. Plus one for a charity '.org'.

I have all the emails set up.

I need one calendar (shared with wife) and one contact list (shared with wife) still to be synced. These use a separate .pst file within Outlook.

Can you assist?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am happy to get the information you need for syncing Outlook at Home AND Work on your Galaxy S9+. To make sure I understand the question, and get your the right resolution, are you able to download the Outlook App on the S9+ and successfully add all the individual email accounts on that app? If not what happens when you try to do that?

TinaN_VZW

0 Likes
thisisjampers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have all my emails synced.

I have Outlook at home that I share with my wife. I need to find a way to sync contacts & calendar (& tasks and notes if possible) with my S9+, and with my wife's phone.

I have Outlook at work, and have been syncing it via Exchange to the Outlook app on my phone. I can use a different app if necessary.

I do not want to mix home and work contacts/calendars etc.

Two-way sync to/from home is preferred.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details. I understand not wanting to mix the content of the 2 accounts. I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft to see if they have a way to keep them separate with in the app. Here is a link to their support site. http://spr.ly/6603EINiB

If you are syncing contacts from one account with your phone, it will generally share that information with other accounts that are synced to share contacts. If the contacts are saved directly on your phone, you could select not to sync this information with your phone contacts to prevent the 2 from syncing together.  

You could look into using 2 calendars like Google and Microsoft and only sync one account to each, but you would need to check that your current platform supports sync with other calendars. 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes