Switched from iphone to S5, trying to figure out if there is way to make it so camera is not delayed. I turned off picture stablization and selective focus and did whatever else was suggested but it still delays. Any ideas? Iphone you can just press butto
JMB87

Switched from iphone to S5, trying to figure out if there is way to make it so camera is not delayed. I turned off picture stablization and selective focus and did whatever else was suggested but it still delays. Any ideas? Iphone you can just press button an its instantly there not delatyed. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Switched from iphone to S5, trying to figure out if there is way to make it so camera is not delayed. I turned off picture stablization and selective focus and did whatever else was suggested but it still delays. Any ideas? Iphone you can just press b
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry your having issues with the camera JMB87. I know its a huge convenience when you can snap and go. The camera should immediately open up when you press the camera button. Does it delay to focus or does it take more than 5 seconds to open at all?

Kinquana_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Switched from iphone to S5, trying to figure out if there is way to make it so camera is not delayed. I turned off picture stablization and selective focus and did whatever else was suggested but it still delays. Any ideas? Iphone you can just press b
JMB87

It is when I am actually taking the picture. After I hit the button to take it, it pauses and than 3-5 second later the picture will show up and sometimes it turns out but most of the time it is blurred. It is just frustrating. I was looking forward to the 16 megapixel camera and I feel the iphone was better with pictures.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the photos being saved to the phone or the SD card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JMB87

I beleive it is just the camera but I do have an SD card in the phone. How do I check? If they are being saved to the phone and not SD card, is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a setting in the camera app to change the location of the pictures for saving them. If it is set to the SD card, you really need to use a class 10 SD card for faster save time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Actually where it is stored has nothing to do with it. I know exactly is happening. I believe in settings you turn off the review pics/video feature and that should fix it. If not I would call up tech support they can walk you through it. It drove me nuts when it was enabled on my note.

0 Likes