Sumsung S5 Calendar wrong date
Rgrant

My "calendar month view" in my Samsung S5 shows a "task" that I had entered but shows it on the previous day and date then what I entered when I saved the entry in the calendar.  My calendar entries are ok for Jan, Feb and Mar 2016, but the problem occurs in saved task entries starting in April 2016 and all 2016 months following April.  The daily and weekly view displays are correct.  Saved "events" do not reflect the problem and are displayed correctly in the monthly view. It appears "task" data is only incorrectly displayed due to a bug in the monthly view.   Is there a fix for this problem?  Are there any solutions so that I can continue using the monthly view tasks?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sumsung S5 Calendar wrong date
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgrant,

It does seem as that is possibly the issue. It looks as though Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on an update to fix the issue. There is not a set release date at this time. Be on the lookout for an update.
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgrant,

That is certainly not very convienent. When did this issue start? Is it all claender dates outside of the first 3 months of this year? Any new apps or updates to the phone?
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rgrant

I first noticed the problem in January 2016.   I m not sure when the issue actually started.  My cell phone was updated on Jan 5, 2016 with update G900VVRU2BOK3 with a status of successful.  I reviewed my applications on the cell phone and removed and deleted 30 3rd party downloaded apps and rebooted my phone. The problem with the calendar  monthly view was not resolved with the removal of the apps.  Last week, a representative at a local Verizon Store believes the problem is my cell phone calendar is not handling the leap year correctly.  2016 is a leap year and February 29 is the leap day.  Is Samsung aware of this potential bug?  What is my next step. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgrant,

It does seem as that is possibly the issue. It looks as though Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on an update to fix the issue. There is not a set release date at this time. Be on the lookout for an update.
DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Rgrant

Thank you for following up with Samsung.

Can you ask Samsung to give development and implementation of a fix for this problem a high priority because of the potential negative impact on customers who might not realize the problem exists and could be negatively impacted.  I had been scheduling tasks out through 2017 and they all reflect the wrong date in the monthly calendar view.  As a workaround for continuing to use the monthly calendar view, I set up each task as an event starting with my April 2016 tasks.  I want to use tasks instead of events as that approach has been the most useful for me.  Thank you.

0 Likes