Space for apps
petervc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded from my S3 to an S5.  I noticed after the salesman transferred content from the old to new, not nearly all apps were transferred.  Then after re-installing missing apps, I was given the message that there was no room.  I deleted a good number of photos, but I still have not been able to install all my previously-installed apps.  Both phones are 16G.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Space for apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern w/this petervc. Unfortunately bearone is correct on this, and you need a memory card.

The S5 comes with 16GB's of onboard memory to help with storage, however some of the memory is held in reserve to host your OS, amongst other app and programs.

The amount you have used total is around 14.817 GBs, just by the amount you have provided. We recommend either moving remaining photos to PC, or apps to an SD card to open up additional space.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

petervc,

Congrats on your new device, now let's ensure you are able to properly setup your phone. Let's look into this further for you, please go to settings, storage how much storage do you see? Do you use a SD card to save your content?

KarenC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
petervc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, Karen!

First, I do not have an SD card.  I've saved my photos to my laptop.  All other content (including) photos are saved to Verizon Cloud.

Storage, as listed on my phone:

Applications: 3.88 GB

Pictures, videos: 4.02 GB

Audio: 288 KB

Downloads: 227 MB

Cached data: 853 MB

Miscellaneous files: 5.51 GB

Available space: 427 MB

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you need to get an sd card.

0 Likes
petervc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do plan to do so, but that does not address my issue/problem.  Let me be clearer.

- I had an S3 on 7/11 in the AM.

- Later in the AM I upgraded to a new S5, and the salesman transferred everything from the old to the new.

- Later I saw that not nearly all apps were transferred.  By my count at least 110.

- Upon trying to upload missing apps, at least 90 of the missing apps could not be uploaded due to not enough space.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern w/this petervc. Unfortunately bearone is correct on this, and you need a memory card.

The S5 comes with 16GB's of onboard memory to help with storage, however some of the memory is held in reserve to host your OS, amongst other app and programs.

The amount you have used total is around 14.817 GBs, just by the amount you have provided. We recommend either moving remaining photos to PC, or apps to an SD card to open up additional space.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes