South Korea SK Telecom Issue
jjong

Hi,

I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S6 for a friend who is currently residing in S. Korea at the moment.

She purchased a contract from SK Telecom which, is one of the carriers there, plugged in the SIM, but no luck.

Tried setting up a new APN for the carrier but no luck either.

The phone is unlocked as it doesn't show the notification to unlock the phone. However it does show "not a Verizon SIM card" notification.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: South Korea SK Telecom Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jjong, it's great of you to help your friend out. Lets get things working. After she entered the SIM card, did they reactivate the phone using the new SIM card number? Sometimes the phone just needs to be manually updated.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The phone is truly unlocked. This is coming from the Verizon setup wizard. It can be removed, but requires some technical know how - see this message string that dealt with the same thing, look for my posts.

How to get my phone really unlocked???

0 Likes
jjong

Reactivated? What do you mean by manually updated? Thank you.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I am telling you it is the Verizon Setup Wizard.  Did you look through the solution above?

0 Likes