Slowdown on wireless
WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have a slowdown on wireless speeds since last update #26 (G935VVRS8CRK1)?  Seems my up & download speeds have decreased significantly on S7 edge since update

0 Likes
Re: Slowdown on wireless
tybeahm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Experiencing the same issue today!

Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here. Everything is slower. Especially critical is when the phone is ringing and the screen won't wake up to show me! People are also telling me I'm breaking up. Please update again ASAP!

bearone21
Legend

wi-fi speeds are dependent on your internet connection.

check with your provider, are you getting speeds you're paying for??

make sure router has latest updates/re-boot router or just re-booting the router may help.

Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Irrelevant response. This is specific to a phone update.

0 Likes
WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thks...Checked speed on desktop prior to post everything was just fine....rebooted modem & router to see if that helped but did not...power down phone and restarted that didn't help either....speeds are significantly slower used dslreports.com to measure b4 and after update on phone...

bearone21
Legend

is the desktop on wi-fi?

WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

no hard wired through router but speeds from provider are same as b4 so not a provider problem...HDTV is wireless and streaming to it from router appears to be fine.....up/down speed from wifi phone  after last update much slower.

alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

Syd-Lexic, it's concerning your phone is slower and that you're having issues with your screen not waking up on phone calls. I myself know the importance of having a phone that works consistently, especially regarding your wireless data speeds. I'll be glad to help correct any problems going forward and that you're not breaking up on phone calls. I don't currently see any similar internal reports over impacts regarding wireless speeds or other issues since the latest security patch update. Just to confirm, are your speeds slower when connected to our mobile network, Wi-Fi connection or both?

At times, certain settings can change due to software updates with any device. I would recommend performing a Reset Settings on your device to help with any issues with the screen not waking up while receiving a phone call the link attached. Reset All Settings - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless 

Since the latest update, I would also check to ensure your HD Voice wasn't turned off in settings as this can impact call quality. Please reference the link attached to toggle HD Voice On/Off and test your calls again. Turn Voice & Video On / Off - HD Voice - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

Be sure to check out our Online Verizon Troubleshooting Assistant as well for helpful troubleshooting steps. You can choose "Data connection is slow" from the options listed. I hope this information helps and keep us posted on any changes. Since the software updates come from Samsung directly, we would have to lift up any known issues if the problems persist to Samsung directly. Troubleshooting Assistant for Samsung Galaxy S7 | Verizon Wireless

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

WildOne46, we always want to ensure that you're getting the speeds that you deserve when you're with us. We have a few questions that we'd like to ask to help us get down to the root of this concern.

Can you tell us when you performed the software update? What speeds are you currently getting?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes