Simultaneous use of voice and mobile hotspot
Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have for a long time been able to use mobile hotspot and voice calls at the same time (4g). Now, suddenly, when I make a voice call it goes to 1x and therefore interrupts the mobile hotspot. Is this Verizon "improving" my service?

Re: Simultaneous use of voice and mobile hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you turn off the HD Voice feature on your line or phone? Simultaneous voice and data requires HD Voice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't initiate any change to any feature on my phone, line or service. If it was a change initiated by Verizon I'm not entirely sure I would know about it. So far as I'm aware of, I've never had HD Voice and certainly did not request it -- in fact, I never heard the phrase until this thread.

But, as I said, this issue just appeared. The simultaneous use wasn't an issue before but is now. Couldn't tell you whether the requirement for HD Voice is new or whether I always had it and didn't know about it. If the requirement is new I never understood that it arrived. If I always had it why do I not now?

0 Likes
Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Settings >> Advanced Calling

"Activate Advanced Calling" is grayed out

"Advanced Calling" is "On" for HD Voice and Video Calling

Behavior is unchanged. With Mobile Hotspot on and a device connected I am using 4G. If I make a call this immediately changes to 1x and ends the Hotspot.

0 Likes
Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone is a S7 Edge Model SM-G935V

Android v. 7.0

last system update applied 11/03/2017

last security patch applied on 10/01/2017

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hypergeometric, we do want all features to work for you the way that they should be. We are here to help. When did this issue start? Does your phone receive a good 4G LTE signal before making the call?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot place the specific start date. What I can say is that I first noticed it around Nov 11 or 12. As I've mentioned, I use the mobile hotspot feature and voice together quite a bit.

And yes, a solid 4G was present when the mobile hotspot was established but was reduced to 1x after connecting to a voice call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details, Hypergeometric. It's really odd that this just suddenly started happening. Can you please try Resetting Network Settings, then restart the phone and try to use the Hotspot while on a call again? Let's see if you're able to successfully do so.

http://vz.to/2mxa5Ya

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Hypergeometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

The suggested action produced no difference. However, the issue was no longer present after a SW update to G935VVRU4BQK2 on December 1.

0 Likes