Sim Card Error
sfronczkowski

I keep receiving an error message stating "No SIM Insert SIM Card." If I restart my phone in safe mode, then off and back on it will work fine for anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours. Has anyone else seen this issue or know any sort of way to fix this without getting a new phone/SIM card?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Sim Card Error
ToddWolfe

I am having the same problem.  Although, I usually can just do a normal restart and it works for a while.

Anyone have any ideas here?

0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am getting "SIM card removed" then "preparing SIM card" repeatedly. Have tried remounting with no success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kansaswrangler! Let's get this figured out for you! When did this begin with your device? Have you been able to try a different SIM card to see if it's recognized? You can also try a master reset of the device to reset the SIM card as well. Just follow these steps:

http://bit.ly/LfV00q

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem seems to have corrected itself after a few days (I was waiting to reply to see if there was a recurrence). I'm just going with Festivus Miracle on that one.

0 Likes
a1trainer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting this error on my Stratosphere II for about two months.  I have removed the SIM and put it back in twice, but still get the error at least 2-3 times per day.  I am able to make calls/use it normally until the random "SIM card removed" error appears.  I restart and can work for a few hours, then it happens again.  I have had the phone for almost 2 years, so am thinking I may just have to wait another month and get a new one, even though I really don't want to...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help ensure that device is acting right a1trainer! How often are you power cycling your device? We recommend once daily. In addition, have you tried a battery pull? Did anything change on the device such as a function, setting or new app since this started?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
a1trainer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am forced to restart multiple times a day because of this error.  Sometimes I then get a "no SIM card" message after rebooting and then have to pull the battery.  I haven't added any new apps lately, so am sure that is not the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details a1trainer. We recommend power cycling the device manually at least once a day. This helps with device maintenance and allows a 4G to refresh with the network and towers. Have you tried removing and reinserting the sim card as well? How long has this been going on?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes