Show onwer info on lock screen - Not working
KJIsaacson
Enthusiast - Level 2

After upgrading to Lollipop, I'm unable to get my "owner information" to show on my lock screen. Previously, I had my email address showing, so if the phone is lost, someone can contact me.

At Settings|Lock screen|Lock screen widgets\Owner information, I've entered my email address. I've checked the box  "Show owner info on lock screen."

Nothing. Lock screen shows only time and date. No "owner info". Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks.

Ken

0 Likes
Re: Show onwer info on lock screen - Not working
KJIsaacson
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: I found the problem, the solution to which suggests another problem.

The "owner info" was not showing because the battery widget I have installed shows a notification on the lock screen giving battery info. If I disable notifications from the battery widget, the lock screen properly shows the owner info.

However, it seems that ANY notification from ANY app prevents the owner info from showing. For example, a notification that there's a new email will block the owner info on the lock screen. This means I'd have to disable ALL on-screen notifications if I want my lost phone to show my info--which makes notifications useless.

Hmmm.

Re: Show onwer info on lock screen - Not working
August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

That shouldn't be happening!

However, any response by Samsung or VZW will probably be that Lollipop 5.0.1 is working correctly!

0 Likes