Setting up GPS to find lost or stolen phone?
Mr_Simmons

I just lost my Samsung Galaxy SIII and I called Verizon about it. They said that they do not track the phones. If it has GPS software in the phone, why can't someone track and locate my device? What are the best ways to protect your phone from theft or being lost?

0 Likes
Re: Setting up GPS to find lost or stolen phone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the Google Play Store and download Plan B

0 Likes
jkirshy

You have to use a third party app to track your phone.  For my droid I use "wheres my droid".  When I leave my phone in the closet, I text a simple phrase from my wife's phone to my lost phone and I have it set to ring until I shut it off. If you pay the 2.00 bucks it will send you the GPS coordinates.

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

Lookout is a pretty good app. It'll show you where your phone last was, even if the battery is dead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you lost your phone Mr. Simmons! Let's discuss some options for you so that you feel your phone is protected until you replace it. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to track the phone. Gps is used for map coordinates, 911 tracking and some application coordinates. The information the community provide is awesome! Downloading apps from the google play store can be a great way to possibly track your phone. I recommend temporarily suspending the line until you locate your phone. You can suspend online via My-Verizon, or on the phone via *611. If you have insurance, you can file a claim with Asurion at  www.phoneclaim.com/verizon or at 888-881-2622.

I hope this information was helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
mysticph

Is that app in the store? I definitely need something like that.

0 Likes
mysticph

where do you get that from?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Plan B (if your phone is missing and you don't have software installed already):

Plan B - Android Apps on Google Play..

If you still have your phone, you might want to install Lookout or avast! or a similar antivirus/tracking app.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Android Lost also has some pretty cool options.

0 Likes
Billybj

Is there any way for idiots to find my lost galaxy phone?

0 Likes