Security Updates
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Why are Samsung S8 security updates now 2 months behind. July is now out and my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8 is still running the May 1st security patch.????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Security Updats
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

teeshot, I know how important it is for your phone to stay up to date. The most recent update for the S8 was released in June. You can check compare your software to the most current version at the link below, and find instructions for updating as well. http://spr.ly/65878U2i3  Please let us know if you have any questions about completing the update. We want to make sure you are able to stay current with the latest software on your device.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

teeshot, I know how important it is for your phone to stay up to date. The most recent update for the S8 was released in June. You can check compare your software to the most current version at the link below, and find instructions for updating as well. http://spr.ly/65878U2i3  Please let us know if you have any questions about completing the update. We want to make sure you are able to stay current with the latest software on your device.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

You only answered partially.  The most recent "Security" update released for Android/Samsung is July 1st.  Verizon's "June" update included the released security update for May 1st.  As I said, 2 months old.  If Verizon releases a July update, I suppose it will only include Android/Samsung security update for June 1st which will still be 1 month old.  We have to rely on Verizon to keep their products current for security threats.  It seems Verizon is failing at this task.

0 Likes