Security Policy Updates?
gingeriffic

Hi all - I have had the S5 for a couple weeks and in the past few days I've been getting notifications about Security Policy Updates. I just want to understand what this is and confirm it is legit.

0 Likes
Re: Security Policy Updates?
bearone21
Legend

yes legit

0 Likes
SueBellew
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - so why so many notifications? Are they really updating my policy several times a day?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've had the phone since it was released & i've only seen a few security updates, not every day.

0 Likes
SueBellew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every day - sometimes several times a day. Very, VERY annoying. And now worrisome because you are not getting them with the frequency that I am.

Jammerjonn

I been having the same issue for a week. This time I left my Samsung galaxy S4 on my wifi and tried to download the security update. After an hour, nothing came through. I think it's that spyware program I heard on the news affecting android phones. I'm using android 5.0.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jammerjonn,

Look no further help is here. Let get to the bottom of this and put an end to this.

When are you getting that security update notice? Does it happen when accessing a certain app or function on the phone? What is the exact message you see when getting this notice? What is the software version on the phone http://vz.to/1zAf4I5?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes