Screen rotation not working since last update
Nikkicroz

I have had my galaxy s4 for almost a month and love it, but it recently had a software update and ever since the screen rotation is not working. The camera is always upside down. Occasionally if the screen rotates to landscape, it won't rotate back to portrait when I turn the phone back the other way. I have tried to restart the phone. I have unchecked and rechecked the auto screen rotate setting. Nothing fixes it. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I can fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen rotation not working since last update
Klue
Master - Level 1

It seems 4.3 eliminated some things or rearranged the menu system.  I'm still running 4.2.2.  Have you tried running your phone in safe mode to see if rotation works, and if that doesn't there is the factory reset that might help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try Gyroscopic Calibration. Make sure Auto Rotate is turned off.  Go to settings, My Device, Input and Control Section and tap Motions and Gestures, select Gyroscopic Calibration. Place you phone on an even surface and press the Calibrate button and wait for it to finish.  Go back and turn on the Auto Rotate feature to see if the problem is fixed.

0 Likes
Screen rotation not working since last update
Nikkicroz
Thank you Klue for responding, but when I followed your instructions, I could not find a setting for Gyroscopic calibration. I researched it further, and learned that the latest software update for the S4 eliminated this setting.  If anyone else has suggestions, please help! I can't post photos on social media because they are all upside down. Help please!!!!
0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

It seems 4.3 eliminated some things or rearranged the menu system.  I'm still running 4.2.2.  Have you tried running your phone in safe mode to see if rotation works, and if that doesn't there is the factory reset that might help.

0 Likes