Screen Won't Work, Have to Take Out Battery
titanicpotatoes
Enthusiast - Level 3

So for the past couple of weeks, my phone has been a huge pain in the butt. I will get a notification (text, email, Facebook) and when I turn on the screen to check it and put in my password, it's unresponsive. So I have to turn the screen back off and try again, except the screen won't turn on. And occasionally the light will still blink, so I know it isn't off. But the thing is, I have a case that is really hard to get off, especially because I bite my nails. And I have to take that off and also take off the back of the phone to take out the battery and put it back in. I've tolerated this problem, until this morning. My alarm went off, and I pressed snooze. Ten minutes later it goes off again, but I can't press snooze because the phone is unresponsive, but the alarm is still going. So, having to get up earlier than I normally do, I had to find something to take the case off with to take the battery out and turn it back on. I have not dropped it or anything that could have caused this. Though, I do have the overheating issue. I will not be using it, it will be sitting in my pocket (where there is plenty of air, because it is a hoodie pocket) and it just gets really hot, so hot that I have to take the battery out to cool it. I know it is the battery that's hot, not the CPU. But other than that, I don't think there is anything that could have caused it. Please help me. This is the second time I have posted this.

0 Likes
Re: Screen Won't Work, Have to Take Out Battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello titanicpotatoes,

Wow! I'm very sorry to hear that your device may have developed a mind of its own. I understand how important it is to have a properly functioning device. I'm dedicated to making sure we resolve this once and for all today. It sounds like there may be an issue with your device software. Have you attempted a hard reset on the device?

Applications
Settings
Backup & Restore
Factory Data Reset

If this has been completed, have you noticed any change? I would be happy to look more into this issue. I also recommend placing your device in safe mode to rule out a possible conflict with the applications by visiting http://vz.to/NnpVJG. Once the device is placed in safe mode, please evaluate device for a few hours to see if you notice a difference.

Please keep us posted on the outcome of the listed steps, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Screen Won't Work, Have to Take Out Battery
tracerChi64

I also have this problem with a new Galaxy S3. I will now go into safe mode and test the phone. How do you suggest troubleshooting whether individual apps are to blame. Add one back at a time? All at once? If I reset my system, will I lose all contact data?

0 Likes