Screen Unlock S5 - Lesson When Can't Unlock Screen - Samsung Remote Unlock
EagleHL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screen Unlock S5 -  Lesson Learned When Screen Unlock PIN Failed To Unlock:

AA week after getting the S5, I was having problems with the fingerprint unlock, so I tried the PIN option. So, I created the PIN and confirmed it. But after testing my new screen unlock PIN, it would not unlock the phone. I tried every combination and it would not unlock. So, getting help from Verizon, their only solution was to erase phone and reset all to original. So, using a combination of buttons etc,  I was able to access / enter my phone. But all my setup work was gone. It was just like from the store. (My contacts came back by logging into Google) Still It was so much work getting all the apps and emails set up, Plus I lost some memos.

THEN THE DISCOVERY...Today I discovered if you register your new S5 with Samsung, and the phone is lost, or you forget your screen unlock PIN or Password, you can go to your Samsung online account, and perform several actions remotely: Locate Phone, Unlock Screen (yay! it works, I tried it), erase phone, and lock phone. I just wish Verizon support staff had advised me of this, after all, the day after getting my S5, I actually had taken the time to setup a an account and password at Samsung website. The controls were all there ready for me to use, I just didn't realize it.

Below is the link where you can setup a Samsung account for your new Galaxy S5 and make use of the remote device controls.

Samsung Content & Services | About Us

Re: Screen Unlock S5 - Lesson When Can't Unlock Screen - Samsung Remote Unlock
bearone21
Legend

good tip, thanks

0 Likes
TimsS5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't see where to do this. I even talked to their support and they said they couldn't do it.  Can you please explain in more detail what you did.

Thanks,

jf115
0 Likes
jf115
0 Likes
memaggy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The link just takes you to an error page. 😕

0 Likes