Screen Overlay Issues
CBLBMarlow

Since yesterday, whenever I try to upload a picture when I use an app (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), I get an error message telling me that I need to turn off the screen overlay. I even got the same message when I tried listening to music on Amazon Music, and even when I tried using "Clean Master!" I tried going to the settings tab the phone directed me to, but for the life of me, I cannot find the "Screen Overlay" tab or option to turn it off!!! Will someone please help me? This is driving me nuts!!!

0 Likes
Re: Screen Overlay Issues
Tidbits
Legend

This happens with a variety of devices.  One thing I notice for me when I kept getting the message was when I installed Facebook(Beta), and Messenger(Beta).  As soon as I left the beta, and install the regular one(took me 3 days before I could) everything went away.  Not sure if the problem for you is the same or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CBLBMarlow,

Let us help you get rid of this message. If you turn off all applications for screen overlay and you still get the message about device detecting screen overlay when trying to enable permissions, boot the phone into safe mode, that may allow you to enable the permissions needed for the application. Once you take the phone out of safe mode those permissions will stay in place. Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikemcgowan

Safe Mode only has factory loaded Apps NOT and user installed Apps. SO, Safe Mode works for only a few Apps.

Anyway to get around this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikemcgowan,

Great question, so let's check that out. Safe Mode's purpose is to disable certain downloaded apps as a means to narrow down potential issues related to them. It is unable to disable or enable specific apps, although you can go into your phone's app manager to disable/enable specific applications. Does that help with your question?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes