Says 4G LTE is connected, but no data, why?
monkeyboygl

My brand new S5 (just purchased on 9/20/14) is not connecting properly to the 4G LTE network.  The status bar says that it is connected, and I have all bars, yet there is no data.  I can't stream music or open google.  I've tried restarting, that didn't work.  I'm trying to avoid a hard reset it at all possible.  Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Says 4G LTE is connected, but no data, why?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some things to try:

settings > more networks > mobile networks > network mode ... ensure it's set to LTE/CDMA

turn off mobile data, put the phone in airplane mode, then try turning mobile data back on

turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a minute or two, then reinstall the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait for the phone to establish a fresh network connection

View solution in original post

Re: Says 4G LTE is connected, but no data, why?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some things to try:

settings > more networks > mobile networks > network mode ... ensure it's set to LTE/CDMA

turn off mobile data, put the phone in airplane mode, then try turning mobile data back on

turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a minute or two, then reinstall the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait for the phone to establish a fresh network connection