Samsung galaxy s6 echo
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brand new S6 and can't make calls with aux cord without person on other end hearing bad echo.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung galaxy s6 echo
rasman646

I get the same thing on mine. I switched from an s3 .

0 Likes
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Talked to Verizon customer service. They asked me all the questions like, did I have a bad auxiliary cord, was it my car, and other stupid questions.  I told them all other phones work on an aux cord in my car including iphone, S4, and blackberries.  Now i have 3 days to return within the 14 day period and don't know whether to go for another S6, hoping it will work correctly, or just choosing another phone.  Also talked to Samsung, and they said they had not heard of this problem, but I could send it in for repair.  Verizon wants a restocking fee of $35.  [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , it's a brand new phone that THEY sold me, and it doesn't work properly!

0 Likes
Ljt5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased an S6 and have same issue. Did you ever get any resolution?

0 Likes
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I traded it for yet another brand new S6, which has the SAME PROBLEM. Verizon wouldn't let me try it out in my car in front of the store before signing up to buy it.  I walked out to my car, plugged in the aux cord and called VERIZON customer service.  I said, "Do you hear an echo?" and the customer service rep said, "I sure do!"

Went back in the store and they said I would have to take it up with Samsung!  I still have the terrible, malfunctioning Samsung Galaxy S6 from Verizon, and they won't take it back. ALSO, the voicemail feature keeps asking me if I want a free trial of a paid "extra", and I am required to dial *86 to find out if I have any voicemail messages.  Verizon and the S6 [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !

0 Likes
martodea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new GS6 and everyone is complaining of an echo when they talk to me. I did some research on Android Central and found someone with an Otterbox case with the same problem, I have a LifeProof case...turns out in both situations if we open the charger door and the headphone door when you call someone they hear no echo...if you close them they complain of echo again! There is a problem when a case is put on the phone that creates the echo...I have not tried the aux cord? I know on speaker there is no echo? go figure? Hope this helps someone.

ninap
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you martodea15!     I have an otterbox case, so I just clipped off the two little doors and problem solved!  My callers will be happy!