Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
AsianAlan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing these problems.  The worst one for me is really the wifi connectivity issue.  I'll be in the same room as my router with my laptop, tablet, and chrome all connecting to the wifi just fine, and the dang phone has a full wifi signal and connectivity issues. 

I know they don't recommending rooting, but I'm really tempted to root that phone and switch to a version of android that actually works.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ProudPak
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only solution so far i found is keep running and killing applications every 10 min using task killer. How ever every now and than my phone freezes for 5-10 minutes, sometimes restarts. Thanks to ZERO support from Verizon, I will be carrying my family out to other carrier as soon contract is over.

steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the wifi connectivity issue on a new Note 3, even within feet of the router. For me, turning off the Bluetooth fixes it, but that does not work for everybody. I did not have this problem when I first got the N3 in October.

I just sent a nice letter to the President/CEO of Samsung US suggesting that they make a statement about their plan to fix all these problems on S's and N's from many carriers. The problems do not affect all users (we don't really know the percentage that it impacts), but Android 4.3 seems to be a common denominator.

For some unexplained reason, Verizon will not let me post that letter, but I put it on the XDA Developers Forum at:

(link removed for containing private info)

I believe that this is a Samsung/Android issue.

Steve

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

AsianAlan
Enthusiast - Level 2

if only Verizon and samsung were as aggressive about resolving these issues as they are about (discussion of moderation removed) that violate their TOS, even though they give potential resolutions we might actually get something done.

Seems dumb to (discussion of moderation removed) since with no resolution or comment from verizon, I am much more likely to switch carriers.

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Terms of Service.

STUDIORAT67
Enthusiast - Level 2

i guess those that have not seen any of these issues must have their phones off and sitting on a table, My battery gets 5 hours max with very light usage...after this update.....I am saying goodbye to Verizon in a few months when my plan expires...i am tired of sub par devices ...terrible updates and Crap Customer services...I am on my 3rd device since Decembers update....

Dcaton
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's S3 is having problems with network connectivity.  She has no 4g service since the 4.3 update and is getting very upset with her limited connectivity.  I have had her change the network settings to LTE/CDMA but no change.  A patch needs to be released immediately. Sadly even if Samsung released a patch today it would take a month or two before Verizon launches their version of it.

0 Likes
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the complaining has struck a nerve over at VZ.  Posts are (discussion of moderation removed).  Awesome VZ.....just awesome.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
TMDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can the version 4.1.2 be pushed out to correct the problems for those of us who unwittingly upgraded? We can and then patiently wait till the vetting process has been accomplished and we don't have to beta test.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TMDE wrote:

Can the version 4.1.2 be pushed out to correct the problems for those of us who unwittingly upgraded? We can and then patiently wait till the vetting process has been accomplished and we don't have to beta test.

No. The OS can't be reverted to the previous version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GDogFast
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S3 just started prompting me today for what it is calling a "Software Update". There is a link to "Learn More" on the prompting screen that does not work. I had to go online and google it to find out what it was. After reading about 300 complaints and not a single post in favor of this "Update", I have decided I absolutely do not want this abomination from Samsung. Problem is, that update notification pops up promptly every 60-seconds, forcing me to either go forward with the update or delay it for 24-hours or less - NO OTHER OPTIONS! The only way to get that popup to go away is to back out of it, as there is no "X" at the top or bottom.

A call to Verizon Tech Support got me to a Level 2 Tech after I told the girl on the phone that I did not wish to put this OS update on my phone at this time, and that this sort of obnoxious prompting is completely unacceptable. I then added that this 27-year Verizon customer is not opposed to going to another provider if this annoyance cannot be fixed in pretty short order. The L2 Tech tried to lay it all off on Samsung, but I told him we all know that the Firmware (which is where the OS resides) belongs to Verizon. Samsung could not do ANYTHING without Verizon's full consent, cooperation and participation. The L2 Tech finally admitted that this was in fact, a very problematic update for the S3's. He told me he was going to check into what can be done to permanently decline the update and stop the notifications and will call me back. That was about an hour ago and I am waiting for his call.

I have not yet done this update, but I am growing very tired of the popups. Does anyone know a way to stop them?

I will post back here after the L2 Tech calls me back - if he ever does.

-GDog

0 Likes