Samsung S9 Plus unable to attach images to SMS
ALittleChewie
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I hit the "+" and choose to attach an image, I get a list of thumbnails, many are empty and display as white blocks.  Some populate, mainly from the "DCIM/Screenshots" folder on the device.  Another location that does seem to display properly is the contents of the "Pictures" folder on the internal storage.  Recently taken pictures though are all blank/white, these are in "DCIM/Camera".    

My wife noticed this behavior earlier in the year on her phone after some updates.  I only recently allowed those updates and now I've got the same problem.  

I've tried clearing google photos, camera, messages and gallery app storage caches with no luck.

Any ideas?  Attached is what the screen looks like when attempting to attach an image to an SMS.  (I blanked the name of who I was sending this to.)Attach ImageAttach Image

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S9 Plus unable to attach images to SMS
ALittleChewie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just using the Smasung built in SMS app "Messages".  

I did find the fix.  It may have been extreme, but it worked.  I long pressed the messaging app's icon and went into the app's info.  Then I went to storage,  and cleared the cache.  I did the same for the camera app. 

It freaked me out a little bit, because when I went and opened my messaging app, all my texts were gone!  However, in about ten seconds all recent texts were re-populated and all the others filled in shortly thereafter.

Now if I take a picture, and then go make a message and attach it, all the thumbnails are there and available immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ALittleChewie, we know the importance of being able to send any picture you want as a text message, and we'd love to help. Are you able to see all the pictures if you click on the 'From Gallery' option? Where are the images that you're missing from? What texting application are you using?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sms is text only & free, mms/pics are charged as data.

0 Likes
ALittleChewie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just using the Smasung built in SMS app "Messages".  

I did find the fix.  It may have been extreme, but it worked.  I long pressed the messaging app's icon and went into the app's info.  Then I went to storage,  and cleared the cache.  I did the same for the camera app. 

It freaked me out a little bit, because when I went and opened my messaging app, all my texts were gone!  However, in about ten seconds all recent texts were re-populated and all the others filled in shortly thereafter.

Now if I take a picture, and then go make a message and attach it, all the thumbnails are there and available immediately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's awesome!  Glad to know you got it working and thank you for sharing the fix. Hope you have a great day! 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes