Samsung S8+ very low volume when using handset
Baeocystin
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of days ago, my S8's speaker's volume dropped dramatically.  Even with the volume set at max, I can barely hear the other person on a call.  The sound isn't crunchy, there isn't any static, it's just very quiet.  Speakphone works fine, bluetooth works fine, but I need the regular phone option to work, too.   The speaker itself is physically clean, there's no debris or buildup.  The phone hasn't been dropped, and I haven't installed any new apps.  Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8+ very low volume when using handset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Baeocystin! We are terribly sorry to read that you're having trouble while on calls. We know it's vital to have a phone that works correctly, and we're here to help. Thank you for all the details. Have you checked if you have the same problem while in Safe Mode? If not, here are the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211219/ Please test and keep us posted. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Baeocystin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for telling me about safe mode.  I tried it, and unfortunately, the volume is the same.  Barely audible, even at maximum volume.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Baeocystin. When you are using the phone to view media, is one side of the phone louder than the other? For example, the speaker with the earpiece beng quieter than the speaker on the bottom f the device?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Baeocystin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I just checked with several different YouTube videos, and I can clearly hear out of the bottom speaker.  The top speaker is barely audible.  I tried the phone in different orientations to see if it would make a difference.  It did not.  The same speaker was quiet every time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know what else you have tried. Have you also tried going to the Settings menu of your phone, turning your Bluetooth off, and back on?  If not, I would recommend giving this a try as well.

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
Baeocystin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me.  I just tried it now.  Unfortunately, no change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn, well, we will keep at it then. Thanks for hanging in there with us, Baeocystin. Did this start to occur after a software update? Did you try any third party applications around the time this issue started to occur? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
Baeocystin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate you sticking with this as well.  It may have started shortly after the most recent system update, but it wasn't immediately after, so I think it is probably unlikely.  I'd be willing to test it, though.  Do you know a way to roll back the system software to a previous version?

I haven't installed any new apps recently, so we can cross that off, at least.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Baeocystin, thanks for your patience and understanding. Have you tried doing a Network Reset? If not, please follow the steps in the link below to do so. This will not delete any of your personal content, however, you may need to re-enter your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi passwords. Let me know if this helps.

http://spr.ly/660110oPc

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes