Samsung S7
RLJR42

Is their a way to disable visual voicemail off the phone? Talking about the basic visual voicemail.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't remove the application, but you might able to disable it.

You then have to go into your My Verizon account online and remove the visual voicemail. You then have to add a block to your line to completely block the ability to add the visual voicemail. You might have to setup your basic voicemail again after completing all this.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RLJR42

I looked under the apps clicked on it but the disable link button is not able to be tapped to disable it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you can't disable it. Not all pre-installed applications can be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RLJR42,

We defintiely want you to be able to access your voicemail easily. The basic visual voicemail is a great feature to be using. However, it may not be for everyone. The old way to access your oicemail was by dialing *86 and then entering in your password to access your messages. Now with visual voicemail all you have to do is open your voicemail application & tap on how called to hear it. If this is something that you do not wish to use, you may reach out to our support teams at: http://vz.to/1duYot2 and we will remove the feature from your account. Once removed you would go back to accessing your voicemail through *86.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes