Samsung S7, S8, S9 models "Samsung find my mobile" not working on VERIZON
john5586
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to use find my mobile on Samsung portal (not Android portal) as Samsung allows and has more fatures like: remotely locate, lock, unlock, ring or erase your device from findmymobile.samsung.com. However this does not work for Samsung Verizon devices. After many discussions, Samsung tells me Verizon carrier is blocking their customers for these features as Verizon wants you to use their services. I just can't find where I can remote lock and unlock a Samsung device feature with Verizon. If I use my Samsung on t-mobile instead then I can remotely locate, lock, unlock, ring. Why is Verizon preventing to use these features. These features use to work with Verizon years ago, yet not anymore. Who at Verizon can resolve this. 

http://findmymobile.samsung.com

Also Samsung Find My Mobile is different from Google Android Find My Mobile. I do not want to use Google/Android find my phone feature as it is very limited (google.com/android/find). Google Find my phone does not have remote lock or remote unlock features which are the features I'm looking for.

Thank you for you help and looking forward to the solution to remote unlock and lock. 

Thanks,
John
[removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung S7, S8, S9 models "Samsung find my mobile" not working on VERIZON
mama23dogs
Legend

Android find my phone absolutely DOES have remote lock. “Secure device” is the lock. Adds a password to the device which you must enter, or you have to factory reset remotely. 

I test locked a tablet remotely,  which did not have a lock on it.  I then used the code set to unlock the device.  

FFA34DD7-A045-4F81-AD8F-74FA13DC8787.jpeg07BE5A32-8DE4-4447-BCEF-722743237878.jpeg

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

FYI

Find my phone locks the screen with password or pin.  You need that pin or password to get into the device.  It also signs you out of your google account, and you have to sign in to verify it’s your device to remove the PIN or password.  

It does not remote unlock without erasing the device.

0 Likes
john5586
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to be able to change my password or pin remotely (remotely lock) and be able to remotely unlock device.  

Google Android Find My Mobile does not allow remote change password/pin or remote unlock however, I use to be able to use these features on previous Android phones. 

See attached screenshot of what I see when using Google Android Find My Mobile portal: google.com/android/find

When clicking "Secure Device" this only signs you out of your Google account. However I want to be able to change my password, pin remotely. Not logoff of my Google account. 

Step 1:

3-26-2019 4-25-59 PM.jpg

Step 2: 

3-26-2019 4-27-29 PM 2.jpg

Looking forward to hearing back. 

Thanks,
John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to ensure your Find my Mobile through Samsung is working properly. Verizon doesn't directly support this product, but we want to make sure you get the help you need. I would recommend reaching out to Samsung directly 800-726-7864. I hope this helps.

ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
john5586
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I've reached out to Samsung Support again and they said Verizon blocks these feature on all Samsung devices. These Samsung features are available with any other carrier but Verizon. They told me to reach out to Verizon for support. Please can you assist me. How can I turn on these features? How can I ask Verizon to remove the blocking of Samsung services? 

Thanks, John

0 Likes
Bajabob1

Yes i don't understand the bias against Samsung phones...

0 Likes
jagc23

I have S10 and Note 10 Plus, I am having the same issues. I contacted Samsung and they are saying the carrier is blocking the use of Find My Mobile (Samsung Site) When I contacted Verizon they say they are not blocking the service. However I cannot register my new phones for Find my Mobile now an they will not show up in Find My Mobile site. I guess we need to get some lawyer in on this since Verizon will not help us use a service that Samsung is providing and Verizon is blocking.

0 Likes
Trulysweetone82

Ditto. I have the Note10+... have that issue too with Verizon. Used to have  tmobile and sprint and was able to use Samsung find my mobile just fine. This Google app terrible. 

0 Likes
Yahkin

I contacted Samsung and they said that Verizon blocks the service.  ChetonJ, have you talked with Samsung?  Maybe you guys could talk and figure out how to unblock it.  😉

0 Likes