Samsung S7 Issues
major14

My s7 randomly and repeatedly turns the volume down and will continue to do so until the phone is restarted.  It will also begin to randomly open apps and send text messages by itself until restarted.  I have downloaded all updates and have used several reputable virus scanners to look for malware and nothing has helped.  I have only had the phone for ~2 months and this is extremely frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S7 Issues
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you bought the device new and have the proof of purchase I would just go directly to Samsung. It has a 12 month warranty. The easiest thing to do is log in or create a Samsung account and chat with a rep. Turn around time is about 2 weeks; my Gear S2 gets back today and it's been about 10 days. They do offer 2 day shipping for both there and back to speed up the process. I'm not sure if the S7 has an external SIM, but I'm guessing it does, so you could put your SIM into a different phone and use it while the S7 is away. If the SIM doesn't fit, you can get the correct size from Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major14,

Hearing that your device is acting weird after two months does concern me. Let's get to the bottom of this. When did this begin? Any software updates recently? Any physical or liquid damage?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
VOLLEYBALL1997KC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a lot of issues myself. I was with sprint and they wouldn't fix or even look at it anymore because they said there was nothing wrong and did everything they could. when my data would cut out and the phone froze up on me. There is something wrong with it.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you bought the device new and have the proof of purchase I would just go directly to Samsung. It has a 12 month warranty. The easiest thing to do is log in or create a Samsung account and chat with a rep. Turn around time is about 2 weeks; my Gear S2 gets back today and it's been about 10 days. They do offer 2 day shipping for both there and back to speed up the process. I'm not sure if the S7 has an external SIM, but I'm guessing it does, so you could put your SIM into a different phone and use it while the S7 is away. If the SIM doesn't fit, you can get the correct size from Verizon.

0 Likes
major14

It began within a month of purchase and there is no liquid or physical damage.  My phone is up to date, but there was not a sudden change in performance following a particular update.  Thank you for responding.

0 Likes
major14

Thank you.

0 Likes
major14

Thanks for the response. I did purchase new so I will follow your advice if I am not able to fix the phone.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

did you clear the cache data file after the updates?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate this information, major14. We want to get your phone back to normal. Please try operating your phone in safe mode and let us know if this behavior continues. http://spr.ly/6581Bhw2c

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes