Samsung S4 Software update text message/facebook issue
heathermil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I have done everything that you have told me over and over again and the issue still isn't resolved.  I'm ready to throw my phone up against a wall.  I have been with Verizon for almost 10 years.  I have had to restart my phone going on 20 times a freaking day to get messages to go through sometimes.  I've restarted.  I've done a soft reset and pulled the battery and the SIM card.  I've changed the settings that you ask.  I've done everything you ask.  I'm about this close to having you void my contract and switching companies.  I pay a lot of money every month for my cell phones to work properly.  Not for them to work less than half the time.  I shouldn't have to restart my phone over and over again to get it to send a message.  I shouldn't have to pull the battery and the SIM card just to get a message to go through.  I have a feeling that half the time I'm not receiving messages.  If the update messed this up...what else did it mess up?  This issue needs resolved and it needs resolved quickly.  It's super annoying.  And you aren't holding up your end of our contract.  I'm not paying for my services to work half or less than half the time..they should be working up to par the whole time. I have been more than patient with the issue and have been fighting this for over a month. I pay on my end..and have continued to pay and be charged for the services that aren't working for crap regardless of the issue.  I think it's time you all do something about it.  Send me a phone that doesn't have the update.  Send us all new S5's cause of all the issues we continue to have.  Do something.  This is plum ridiculous.

Re: Samsung S4 Software update text message/facebook issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Heathermil
I'm sorry your having trouble with text messages. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how:http://vz.to/10y4OQC

Please let us know if the issue persists.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
_heathen_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well put Heather and yet again they come back with another generic cut and paste "I'm sorry your having trouble with text messages. Let's get to the bottom of this"  Must be a macro made for this PROBLEM.  Again instead of offering real help you get another useless "Try this....safe mode, Sim Card..blah blah" to keep you on the hook for another day.  Safe Mode doesn't work, read any of the other threads, they are flooding the message boards.  T-Mobile will pay your termination fees. 

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! -have your attention now?  Admit there is a problem, then fix it!  Enough with the run around.

wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in. I've been delaying this "mandatory" update to 4.4.2. Well my phone is experiencing problems with sending/ receiving texts & emails. Verizon, don't blame it on Google or Samsung. I pay you for a working phone and good service. It's your problem to fix. I've loved you for 12 years but now I'm ready to leave. DO NOT answer me with the "oh so sorry for you issues....." answer. I've done everything to fix this on my end. I don't want to hear it. Fix the problems this update caused.

wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I agree with the original post. I've done everything to fix the known problems /issues with this update. Verizon, FIX THESE PROBLEMS! You have gone from hero to ZERO in my book. Please don't answer with the "nice polite" patronizing company response. I want working service that I've been paying for. This happened with my last gs3 also after a mandatory system update. Trust me, there won't be a 3rd time after this.

aquariusgyrl79
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. A class action lawsuit will not solve this problem. 2. The problem is not wit Verizon but with Samsung, the ones who pushed out the update and 3. You will have to contact Samsung to see if they can fix the problem.

0 Likes
rckrz6
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon tested the update and approved it months after the other carriers  no excuse

0 Likes
heathermil
Enthusiast - Level 2

If samsung was in fact the problem then why aren't other carriers experiencing the same issues.  Verizon rolled the KitKat update out months after other carriers. We aren't all experiencing the same issues.  They are complaining that it is buggy and messes with their wi-fi services, but I haven't seen anywhere near the complaints on the texting issues as I have in the verizon forums. 

0 Likes
heathermil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried this and every other suggestion you could possibly insert here. 

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The easiest way to get texts to go is to go to Airplane Mode On and then back off again.  Kit Kat also locked down the airplane mode service so you can't even automate or use an app that will do it for you.

None of the support people seem to know who actually pushed the update.  None of the support people actually know what the problem is. Samsung told me tough luck.. the head of their advanced support told me he was running a non approved ROM.  Well, thanks.  That voids my warranty.

Verizon has buying power and doesn't care about us.  Verizon wouldn't let me out of my contract either.  I haven't had the time, but the Massachusetts Attorney Generals office needs to hear about it.  Only good thing in Ma. is the consumer protection laws.

Do not do anything Verizon Support tells you to do. It's just going to waste your time.  Text failures, is a Airplane Mode on or off issues.  Bluetooth dropping calls in your car is because of the synching of the address book.

Call me silly but after almost 20 years in the software industry, I know this is a aberration.  Software issues happen, but their seems to be no one caring to rush out a fix for these problems.

0 Likes