Samsung S20 Ultra and Active 2 Watch - DO NOT LET VERIZON connect these in their system.
LisaMarie811

I purchased a Samsung S20 Ultra and an Active2 watch the same day. I walked out of the store and was unable to receive calls. Anyone that called got a message that my voicemail was not set up and I only saw the flash of a phone number on my screen which said "answered remotely".

I spent (not lying) 12+ hours on the phone over the course of 3 days on the phone with Verizon Tier 2 support. They also opened an investigation. We trouble shot the phone, we trouble shot everything in their system. We tried a new sim card, we even put my new sim in an old phone (same issues then on the old phone). Finally they figured something must have gone haywire with the phone number itself somehow. I got issued a new number after 15 years of having the same one. everything (including the watch) worked PERFECTLY for a full week on the new number. I finally called to get the old number turned off and the finances squared away and she told me the watch was not associated with any phone number. I said it's working fine, I'm receiving all notification's, calls, everything. She told me it has to be associated with a device in their system. the MINUTE she associated it with the watch I stopped receiving all calls again. 

Bottom line is - ok to purchase these together, ok to pair them up yourself, DO NOT let Verizon assign them to each other in their system.

I am currently back on the phone and they are trying (unsuccessfully) to disassociate the watch and revive my old number now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra and Active 2 Watch - DO NOT LET VERIZON connect these in their system.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LisaMarie811, I am sad to hear you experienced issues with your new devices. I assure this is not the impression we would like for you to have. Our goal is to make sure you have working devices you are happy with. I see you are speaking with a phone agent. We are always here if you need us. Reach back out to us if you require further assistance. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S20 Ultra and Active 2 Watch - DO NOT LET VERIZON connect these in their system.
Josh7780

I've been having the exact same issue for months.  It only happens intermittently.  I finally had them cancel my plan for the watch.  I hope this fixes the issue.  

0 Likes
sdem3504

My husband is having the same problem. We both upgraded to the Active 2 Watch from the Galaxy Watch (BT) and I had the Note 10 Plus and he was using my old Note 9, everything worked great. He even got a new Galaxy Watch with LTE since he liked the look better and could use one for work without fear of getting it mucked up. Both phones worked with their paired watches perfectly. Then I upgraded to the Note 20 Ultra during the BOGO promotion and he got one as well (I shopped online and picked up in store so activated the devices myself), I paired both new phones with their respective watches and everything was working fine until about a week ago when my husband's phone started to ring only once every time someone called. I get a message saying that he has a voice mailbox that has not been setup yet. My phone has been working fine (knock on wood) despite having bought and setup at the same time as his. The only difference between us is he activated the Premium Visual Voicemail on his line around the same time this started happening and I did not. I just activated it on my line earlier today so I hope it doesn't start with my phone as well, although if it does then it might be what triggered this whole thing in Verizon's system. I'll reply if/when this whole thing gets straightened out, the 20 Series just launched and I've seen multiple reports of this problem so it's got to be a common issue with them. 

0 Likes