Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in our response. I have sent you another Direct Message and I will look forward to working with you further.

0 Likes
Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I called Google the other day and actually got someone who knew what was going on and he kind of explained it to me, this was after 3 calls of them transferring me to Samsung after asking to talk to a supervisor in the area responsible for creating software updates for the S8. They kept telling me that Samsung was responsible and they don't do software at Google. Then Samsung said it was Google. So anyway I finially spoke with someone that knew what was going on and took the time to explain it. So when a Software update is created, Google first makes the major part of the update, then they send it to Samsung for them to look over and make any changes or to add stuff. Next it is sent to Verizon...Yes VERIZON, for them to add anything they want to it. So yes, Verizon is responsible as well, not sure if all the time but they have a chance to get their finger in the pot, so no more playing dumb! Then from Verizon it goes back to Google to be finialized, then back to Verizon ( Yeah that's right Verizon, you get it again) for them to send out to us. So that's the process. Then I told him of the issues with my phone and he said he too has had issues with a different Android device from the update. He told me that Google has created the first part of the fix and now Samsung has it. I told him about the poor customer service and how each company is pointing fingers at the other so I asked him if we could call Samsung on 3 way and have a conversation with all 3 of us on the phone. He agreed and dialed Samsung up. So then the Samsung guy got on the phone and since I had Google agent on the phone as well they could no longer lie. Samsung said they do have the update and are working on it but aren't sure when it will be done. This is the 1st time he admitted Samsung works on Software so that was a win. I said to both of them it's their duty when they find out a new update has bugs to send a memo to Verizon to email or text everyone and tell us not to download it and give us weekly updates on the progress of what is going on. Also I told them , if they can't fix the Software within 48 hours, then there needs to be a way to roll out the old Software for us to reinstall until they can fix the update. It is unethical to let us sit around for a month or more while our phones don't work. They both said they will try to implement something like this in the future for other updates, and they said they will contact Verizon to put out a memo in a couple days to let us know what the progress is .

Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I urge all of you to no longer do factory resets, and to call Verizon, Google, and Samsung and demand answers. I feel fortunate that I finially got a hold of someone that was educated and took the time to educate me on the process. So to reiterate all 3 companies play a role in creating the Software. I'm sure Verizon's is very minimal if any but they are the ones who send it out and who we pay. So when they tell you they can't call Google and Samsung will too, know that this is a lie. I called Google and Samsung at the same time so if I can do it then all 3 companies can .Google's phone number is 1-855-336-3987. Ask for a supervisor in Android software. (The guy I spoke with wasn't a supervisor, he was just an exception) And 4/5 times Google will say they don't create Software for Samsung phones which is a lie. They will try to transfer you to Samsung, I didn't tell them what kind of phone I had, I just said Android, that way they didn't know who to pass me off to.  I don't have Samsung's number but it's easy to find, it's probably in your S8 manual. And 4/5 times they will say they aren't responsible for Software, that Google is. It wasn't until I had both companies on the phone that they finislly started being honest. I guess I should of called Verizon and included them too. I told both companies to educate their employees on what it is that their companies do and to stop lying to their customers. Accept ownership of the problems they created and include us in the process. And in the future when the next update has bugs put out a public announcement immediately to tell us not to install it until further notice. I hope this helps everyone! And Verizon.... Oh yes, I'm talking to you! STOP lying to your customers, do your research and find the problem and the correct solution, not just telling us to factory reset our phones. That isn't the fix and it takes me at least 6 hours to redownload everything on my phone, so it's a BIG freaking deal to do!!! Verizon... You need to put out a public announcement staing what is going on, especially for the people who haven't installed the update yet, you need to give us weekly updates through emails or texts, and you need to publicly apologize to EVERY S8 owner who is your customer, you are part of this problem too, and if you say you aren't then you need to figure out your role in all of this because you are to blame as well. And for all of our inconveniences, you should credit every S8 owner $100 for the trouble all 3 companies have caused us. And before you say it's Google, well we pay you!!! So you can credit us and then send a bill to Google and Samsung!!! Do what's right! You owe it to us!!!!

SHELLYSUN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info! I will also call them and get answers! I think they should of made a public announcement about the Samsung S8 and S8 plus after they got information there was problems with the update. I also agree they should pay for their mistakes and keep us up to date about not updating our phones until they fix the issues first.

Shehill

What is the solution and why not just publish for us all?  Since update phone will not hold charge and gets very hot  

0 Likes