Samsung Galaxy S7, microphone mutes when speaking from left side - has anyone else experienced this?
ALLWIS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can take all calls with no issues when speaking from my right side - once I switch over to the left the microphone goes dead and the other caller can't hear me.  Switch it back to the right side and all good.   Thought my fingers may have been blocking something and tried different ways of holding the phone with no positive results.   Any thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7, microphone mutes when speaking from left side - has anyone else experienced this?
ALLWIS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

At this time, the speaker phone works well and is my goto when I get these failures. Additionally the headset works, when I choose to use it. Finally the Bluetooth works great too.

The issue has been occurring for some time now and even after several system updates to the phone. The mic port is clean albeit I won’t jam anything in there – again works just fine from the right side.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7, microphone mutes when speaking from left side - has anyone else experienced this?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if the ports at the bottom of the phone appear dirty. If not, try a factory reset. Failing that, RMA the phone with Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ALLWIS4!

I'm so sorry to learn about this issue with your microphone. Let's gather some information and get to the root cause of the issue. A big thank you goes out to smith6612 for their input. I would like to piggy back off of that a little, if I may.

Do you use headphones? If you do, are both sides working correctly? How about the speakerphone, is it working correctly? Have you checked the microphone for any debris/dust/etc.? Lastly, I'd like to ask If this is a new issue, or something that has been an ongoing experience for you?

Please share some details for me, thanks so much!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALLWIS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

At this time, the speaker phone works well and is my goto when I get these failures. Additionally the headset works, when I choose to use it. Finally the Bluetooth works great too.

The issue has been occurring for some time now and even after several system updates to the phone. The mic port is clean albeit I won’t jam anything in there – again works just fine from the right side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all that you've done to test. May I ask if the issue occurs in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1nRI7TH

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHGRI70

Encounter similar issue today when making phone calls. Does not matter if using on right or left ear. "Hi Galaxy" feature works. I have not downloaded any apps. Had an update to the phone yesterday "G930VVRU2APG5". Phone is less than 2 weeks old. I have done the safe mode. No luck.

0 Likes