Samsung Galaxy S7 - Videos in text messaging
tarheel1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cannot text any size videos unless they are compressed so much they are virtually unviewable.  I had the S5 before purchasing the S7 and had no problems with the texting of videos.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 - Videos in text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tarheel1st, we know sending video messages are a great feature to use throughout the day. Which text messaging app are you using? What error message do you receive?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Brooksk02

It's verizon putting a cap on mms. Other carriers took off this cap because of how modern smartphones have really high resolution cameras and send big files. I have a s7 edge and I get very annoyed because I can take such beautiful pictures and videos but when I try to share them they get downscaled SO MUCH. this is just verizon continuing to be a terrible company that doesn't care about its users at all.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why can't you send via email or social media or upload to YouTube?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tarheel1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the Verizon text messaging app.  All videos are automatically reduced so that they appear blurry to recipients of my texts. There is no error message. I have been told by others who have the Samsung S7 using T-Mobile that a "fix" was issued by them to correct this problem.  Should Verizon not also have this solution for its Samsung S7 customers?

tarheel1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can do that, but as having had this text feature in my previous cell (Samsung S5), I would like to have it in the S7.  I actually never considered that it wouldn't be a part of the upgrade. There are times I would like to instantly text videos to multiple contacts instead of having to individually email each one. As far as Facebook, I very seldom post videos there.

Thanks for your response and ideas!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can put multiple names in the To: box or the BC: if you are so inclined to not share the individual email addresses to everyone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Messages+ does have a limit on the size of the message you can send. We do recommend to either cut down the video to small portions to avoid the compression and the low quality or to use other means to send it. You have options such as email, Messenger and/or to be uploaded via other applications. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have any other questions or concerns?

JavierMD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Vikster88

I had no problem sending videos and pictures via message+ until today. I can send to my Mother but She seems to be the only one who's receiving them. I dunno if She's just able to get them bcuz She's on my plan?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You indicate you're using Verizon Messages; I'm assuming your Mom is as well?  If so, and you both have the latest update applied, that's more than likely the reason she's receiving your texts.

You may want to review all the threads that have been posted the past few days about changes to the Verizon Messages app and issues due to the latest updates.

Verizon Messages

0 Likes