Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
et1988
Enthusiast - Level 3

They offered me $200 but I declined.

The supervisor I talked to indirectly called me a liar - there wasn't such a promo.

Keep fighting, keep posting.

Customer service(CS) LaurenC was able to get me the credit, retroactive to January.

Some times CS they say respond to direct email - but they don't send one.

Just keep trying, don't give up. It took me 4 months of fighting before they finally relented.

I even went to the local store who saw the promo and put in a ticket and still they denied.

If you have time, try that too. Just don't give up!!!

May God Bless you today and always!

0 Likes
MICO30
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. Bait and switch...yes and no. When I saw the promotion on Jan 1st, like all of you, I saw the tablet and phone together and assumed that you had to purchase both. Then, like all of you, I purchased the phone. Happy I was, like all of you. Skeptical person I am, I called CS on Jan 3rd to double check. The lady I spoke to was adamant that you had to buy both to get the promotional price. We called each other names for about 20 min and I convinced her to check with the web techs. She went away and came back about 15 mins later and said "you are right. There was a glitch in the site that allowed a customer to just buy the phone at the promotional price." She even asked me if I wanted the tablet too. I declined. I gotta start recording all my phone conversations. Anyway she said she would get me the promo price and I would get the credits blah blah blah. Well, like all of you I waited 3 mos, 4 mos, 5 mos, 6mos etc and nothing. Numerous calls to CS  telling me I was crazy.

So as et1988 has said, go find LauraL_VZW on facebook and get her going on your purchase. She has the power to fix this and I think she is the final word on this whole mess. When I spoke to her she was very knowledgeable and seemed to have some pull. Not like the chat or regular CS people. Good luck.

0 Likes
Raekwon36

How do I find LauraL_VZW on Facebook? The Facebook search is coming up blank.

0 Likes
MICO30
Enthusiast - Level 3

So sorry. Copied and pasted the wrong name. LaurenC_VZW is the one you want. My apologies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They might be on the community too. laurenc_vzw

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Raekwon36

Hi Lauren,

I am in the same boat. The Customer service reps did not know what promotion I am talking about and insisted I needed a tablet with the phone. Please help.

0 Likes
LifeR_Vzw_Patron_BobB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Standard, service reps usually work for VZW 6 mouths on average.

Just sad.

0 Likes
LifeR_Vzw_Patron_BobB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Packed into cubes instead of allowed to occasionally work from... Like any other IT is allotted.

Nothing like spending 8 hours of cognitive dissidence filtering out the background noise . To get paid just above minimum wage with minimal benefits.

Helping grandma (or the internet changed) reset a password or purchase a device from ebay, Goodle, Samsung Amazon.com etc.

0 Likes
MICO30
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info Bob. I've always found them to be a little too "accommodating" almost to a fault. It is sad that they burn out that fast.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be get the promotion, Raekwon36. I'm sorry that this was not the case. I'd like to look into this more. I will be sending you a private message to get started.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes