Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ZEIGLER76

There is no attachment in your post. Besides you shouldn't post items with your personal information on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ZEIGLER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only sent the receipt to the actual Verizon customer service agent. It didn't help me get anywhere.

-

Ann154 <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Ann154 created the discussion

"Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1541800#1541800

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

et1988, Let's get closure to your promotional issues. Please reply to the Private Message that I sent you.

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cornerlot

I'm in the same boat. No closure after 4 months of chats, visits to store and escalation attempts to no avail. Very frustrating. $28 is unacceptable considering I didn't even get a tablet which would have been $18 a month for both. Verizon needs to step up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cornerlot, four months is far too long! We want to be sure that you have the answers that you deserve. We did have a promotion on New Years Day that required the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 together. This combined purchase was reduced to $17.00 per month once the promotion went into effect.

In your post, you mentioned that you did not get a tablet. Did you purchase a Galaxy S7 on January 1, 2017? Was there another promotion that you were questioning? How much did you intend on paying for your device?

SamanthaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cornerlot

Yes I purchased a Galaxy S7 as a promotional offer of $10 a month for 24 months on 1JAN2017. It has been 7 months and Verizon will not honor the contract I entered into after repeated attempts on my part to straighten this out over the past 4 months.

0 Likes
et1988
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with Cornerlot. A lot of people purchased a galaxy S7 as a promotion offer of $10 a month for 24 months on 1JAN2017. The promotion was obvious misleading if so many of us purchased only the phone and still expected to get a $18 per month credit. For me, the TV commercial was not explicit. I watched it many times to see if there was any hidden agenda. I felt I could buy the phone only and get a credit or buy both and get more credit. I even have a order summary that tells me congratulations, you are getting this devise for $10/month. When i picked up the phone, all they said was wait 2 -3 months to get your credit. They never said you don't qualify. It has been 8 months now and Verizon refuses to honor the contract. I too have made repeated attempts to straighten this out. If you look at this thread, some customers have been granted the credit, while others of us continue to fight! Come on Verizon, you need to give us the credit you advertised and promised!

I have seen where vzw_CS says to respond to the email directly, but only once has any vzw customer service done that...and even then, I received no response.

0 Likes
cornerlot

So here we are 10 days after a lengthy escalation note was sent up from Verizon's Burlington, MA store. And no response as of yet. Still paying $28 a month. I'd be happy if Verizon honored the additional tablet and adjuted my contract to $18/month. Or to heck with it. Just give me the phone alone for $18/month. Whatever. Verizon sure is making out on this mistake. I would never have contracted this phone for $28/month. My S5 is still in perfect condition. $10/month for a S7 okay. Bit this whole experience is putting a bad taste in my mouth. A very disappointed 16 year Verizon customer here.

0 Likes
DANFOR93
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon today.  They say they are investigating.  It would be nice if the Verizon reps on this thread would stop playing dumb.  We all know what happened.  They meant to offer the phone and tablet deal, but accidentally put up a phone only offer.  This would be fine if you knew this when you went to check out, but because you get the price through bill credits, no one actually sees the price.  Now we are all in a contract to buy a phone that we probably wouldn't have bought if we knew it was $432 higher than advertised.  Why would so many people intentially pay $11 more a month not to get a tablet?  Over 100 strangers did not get together to make up a promotion and try to scam Verizon, so it would be nice if customer service reps would stop trying to insinuate that we did. The sheer amount of time we each have invested would not be worth it. Since this is a one day, one phone issue, the solution seems simple.   Honor your own promotion. 

I for one will be leaving Verizon if it is not handled satisfactorily.  If I can't trust the prices on Verizon's website, I can't buy phones from them.

0 Likes
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee

DANFOR93,

Making sure you are receiving your rightful credit for a promotion is a priority. We truly apologize that is has taken this long to start the investigation. We never want to lose you as a customer because of this. Did you receive a reference number from the investigation ticket? Also, how many lines do you have that are missing the promotion?

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes