Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
GREKIR47

Like most everyone else on this subject, no I did not buy the Tab S2. It was a New Years Day promotion, that day only. It did not require the purchase of the Tab S2. The system processed my order, it allowed me to check out. It required that I pay a $20 activation fee, (even though I was an existing customer) plus all sales tax.. It allowed me to upgrade to 2 gig plan (from 250mb) but that never happened either. Upon submitting my payment info, I received the "Congratulations, you have purchased the S7 and will receive the $18 credit in 2-3 cycles. Nowhere did it ever require me to purchase the tablet. If that was a condition of the promotion, then I never should have been allowed to check out and never should have received the notice of Verizon accepting the offer after I made the payment. I never would have upgraded if that was a condition of the promotion. I had already purchased an tablet for my wife for christmas. Sure did not need another one!

0 Likes
stahles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we go again. Just got my May bill and no credit. Called Verizon AGAIN and talked to a nice lady but she said that the promotion was valid only if I bought a tablet at the same time. I told her to look at this forum and see all the other people that had the same problem. I told her to go back and look at the original promotion that mhalla99 so generously provided.

She said she was still going to submit my request for credit but that it may still get denied. I told her others were starting to get their credits so why wasn't I. I told her several times to just go to this forum and read the comments so she can see that others are having the same issue. I'm sure she won't.

Verizon has the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. Their communication to their customer service reps regarding this promotion is terrible. I will be switching carriers if this is not resolved by my next bill.

Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have a copy of the email or whatever you have that shows that you have the promotion and call the 800 number and speak to a supervisor. Ask them if you can send a copy of the email to them and do so - the rep gave me her actual email address at Verizon. It seems that some or all of the supervisors know about the promotion.

The supervisor that took my info did leave me a voice mail today that the credits were approved which I already saw via a Verizon email and on the website. It does take a while to get once they acknowledge that this promotion is valid. I haven't actually paid a bill yet where the credits have hit so until that happens I will keep guessing as to whether or not I'll actually get them.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
stahles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I sent the order summary with the congratulations thing saying I qualified for the credit to one of the first reps I talked with. That guy gave me his email and cell phone number. I texted him and emailed him many times after that and he just blew me off. He replied one time, after that he has completely ignored me.

I then called a supervisor and he told me they won't accept the congratulations letter because in today's world people can photo-shop anything to make it look real when it's not. Basically he called me a liar...when the only people not telling the truth are from Verizon.

0 Likes
ZEIGLER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got the same canned answer about the tablet from customer service.   I should have taken a screenshot when I completed my order as I don't have any evidence on my side other than the website screenshot from new year's day and a vague reference about a Samsung credit on my paperwork.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zeigler Do u have the receipt that you bought it that day? Even if it doesn't show the credits. My receipt showed the regular price 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

If not it should be on the verizon website under your documents... 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
ZEIGLER76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the receipt and Verizon should be able to see that when they look at my account.    I have to aim for a supervisor on my next try.

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Late last night I engaged in a Facebook chat with Verizon Customer Service after receiving a Messenger message from them regarding the S7 promotion I have not been getting.  It was good news.  I was informed the device promotional credit has been applied to my line.  I was further informed since the promotional code was entered the same day as my current May billing it may not appear until my June billing.  Given I was first told in March by a Verizon Customer Service rep that the credit would begin appearing on my April bill but never happened I guess I just need to sit tight for yet another month to learn for certain whether the credit becomes real or not.  In the meantime I plan to let my complaints to the CFPB and the office of the Indiana Attorney General remain in process given I have yet to see a dime from Verizon Wireless on the credit that was promised and due me.  That way I hope to have a formal response from Verizon Wireless on the matter to third parties that I may refer to in the future should the promotional credit begin to appear and on bill but stop before the full $432 credit is paid out over time.  it still upsets me that Verizon Customer Support originally called into question the legitimacy of the screen shot taken of the confirmation screen resulting from my purchase.  Best wishes to the rest of you who are trying to resolve this same matter with Verizon Wireless.  I will update this thread with any further developments resulting on my part.  It has been comforting to know I was not alone in this battle as more and more of you chimed in to share your experiences with respect to this promotion being denied by Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received an email from Verizon Wireless with the Subject - Your bill credit has been applied to your account.  Upon logging in to My Verizon I now find a Next Bill Summary that includes five $18 credits labeled 1 of 24, 2 of 24, ..., 5 of 24.  Finally after months of communicating with Verizon Wireless it appears they are finally honoring the January 1, 2017 Samsung Galaxy S7 Today only promotion for me.  Coincidently the credit appeared the same day I received an e-mail from the Indiana Office of the Attorney General indicating they had forwarded a copy of my complaint to Verizon Wireless.  Coincidence????