Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Malls, have u started receiving your credits... up above someone posted a supervisors name and number ...if I hadn't received my credits I would call and tell them that info to see if it helps... at least some reps are recognizing and or remembering the promotion... others are still saying there was never a promotion

0 Likes
ruralivin

NicoleT -- Yes, I still have the Order Confirmation email. I would appreciate you investigating further for me.  Escalation would be appreciated. Please advise me as to what you suggest I do next. I have been on countless 1-plus hr calls, and have had a case sent to Promotions. And I will soon follow up with VZN re: the links I recently provided to a VZN Rep - both this thread and the link to the wayback machine.

0 Likes
Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the 800 number supplied to me and unfortunately they won't let anyone talk to the credit and promotion department. I spoke to a supervisor though and he was aware of the promotion and putting through the credits. The interesting part of this call was when I spoke to the person who answered the call she actually asked for my email - first time for that even when I asked if I can send my the Verizon email to them I got nothing as an answer.

So hopefully good news for all of us, maybe this promotion is gaining more knowledge in Verizon! The supervisor said he would call me back when he gets the confirmation that the credits are coming and he did say they are processing the promotion in batches. I will update this as I find out anything.

0 Likes
JKreit

I too am having this same problem.  I will be calling tonight and hopefully they are straightening this out.  If they don't soon I too will be looking into switching to AT&T, and I can see a major class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vin-NJ,

I'm glad you are receiving the support you need. What concerns can we help out with?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

My first concern at this point is that I will be denied again by Verizon on this promotion and have to start from scratch to get this resolved. I bought 2 phones on this promotion and I had no intention in laying out $1200.00+ for phones.

My second concern is that I don't really see a commitment from Verizon to solve this problem for all of us who have this promotion. I have proof as do others and there is no Verizon representative on here or to us via email that says that there was a mistake and Verizon will make good. At least here I have not seen anyone from Verizon say - "Yes, there was that promotion and we are going to honor it to those of you who ordered the phone on 1/1/17".  I don't understand why if Verizon people know about the promotion it has to be a big ordeal for us Verizon customers. Between Verizon Wireless and Verizon FIOS in my house I am a good Verizon customer; I (we) shouldn't be treated this way.

My hope is that whatever I've been told by Verizon will come through. I also hope all those affected by this Verizon glitch can be given their credits as well.

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I remain optimistic Verizon Wireless will satisfactorily resolve this issue for all of us and provide the full $432 credit over time, I did take the additional step of submitting a complaint today to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau of the Federal government.  The complaint documents the existence of the offer made by Verizon Wireless on January 1, 2017 to customers like me and you to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S7 for $10/month instead of $28/month when taking into account the $18/month credit and with no additional device purchase or trade-in required.  The complaint also demonstrates the failure on the part of Verizon Wireless to honor their offer via repeated denials to me and the rest of you.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't understand how you still haven't received the credit. I pointed the customer service reps to this forum and it helped me receive the credit. Hope you get this resolved soon.

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

JAGS52982 have you actually received a bill from Verizon Wireless that includes the credit?  Or just a promise the credit will be there on your next bill?  I was promised the credit back in March after contacting customer service and that promise never materialized.

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was sent a bill summary for next month including the credits from January thru april

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes