Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pm's not pj's

PM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is great news! Well if it really happens.  Please keep us informed on your outcome.  Thanks and good luck.

0 Likes
EBSTER3
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's great news. Please let us know how you went about getting it resolved if you can. Thank you!

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called a few times and was as nice as I could be and explained the situation and referred them to the forum 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again I'm a little leery but that's the email I got and my next bill is showing the credits

0 Likes
Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

After my latest talk with customer service, I too am missing my promotional credits. I didn't see how anyone got it resolved. I have the original email that says I should get it. I didn't need to trade anything in or buy a tablet as I'm sure all here had the same deal. Any help is appreciated ... assuming you are getting the credits.

0 Likes
PM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

After not receiving a call back from the supervisor of the first customer service tech I spoke with at 930 am I decided to make another call.  This time I got the exact same answers we all have; "that they could not find this promotion.  I did the song and dance of showing the site that mhalla99 listed.  The customer service tech said he would submit the documents but was not very optimistic about the outcome.  After he was finished I asked to speak to his supervisor.  Being as nice as I could (just like Jag I think) anyway the supervisor TJ badge [Removed] came on the phone and said that I was to receive the rebate and that anyone on this thread that purchased the phone online 1 Jan 17 was to receive this.  I put her name and number only after asking if I could.  She told me that it should take 3 to 5 work days to receive confirmation that it has been applied.  I will also keep this thread updated on the outcome.  Contact me via the tread if you have any questions.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

JAGS52982
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing I was told by the last reply that I spoke to and Lauren vzw who messaged me through here was that they would submit an escalation to review...so maybe that did it..i want to thank mhalla for creating this thread. it really helped hopefully everyone gets there promotion credits

0 Likes
Vin-NJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to thank all who were before me. I just happened upon this discussion as I was frustrated that I wasn't getting anywhere with Verizon support. Great legwork on getting back Verizon promotional info!

My question to Verizon would be if it has been proven that this promotion did exist and there are people with proof that we got the deal - why send us through hoops going forward. I understand that mistakes happen but hopefully the problem gets corrected and those of us that have this promotion can get the credit  ... let the word out to all fellow Verizon customer service reps so that all can benefit from this

0 Likes
ruralivin

I have the same problem. Ordered the S7 online for the Promo Price of $10/mo and have contacted VZN monthly re: the credit.  Received a slightly different answer from Customer Svc each time - But also received assurance EACH TIME that the credit would begin w/i 2-3 bill cycles ...shortly.

Was just told a couple of days ago, after a 1+ hr conversation with a rep that tried hard to research the issue, that there is "no history of such an offer" on Jan 1 -- that the only only offer was for a tablet + the S7. Promotions apparently has no such record.  At the  end of the conversation with the rep, VZN offered me marginal compensation.

This seems like a classic bait and switch. The S7 was indeed offered at 10/mo online. (Thank you to those posting the screenshots.) No trade-in req'd; no tablet req'd.

Actually, when I called VZN sales on 1/1 to inquire about the S7 only (as I already own a tablet), the rep suggested I look online for a deal better than the S7+Tablet because 'they had heard there was such an offer available online' - the S7 only. So that is what I did - went online & purchased the S7 only for $10/mo.

When I paged thru links to review the online 'contract', I became concerned when I saw the payments that were stipulated as they were different than the advertised deal. So I contacted VZN IMMEDIATELY in january, and VZN assured me 'no worries.' Via chat the rep wrote: "The reason that your device payment agreement shows the original amount is just because of how the promotion works. For the first two bills you pay the normal amount of the phone. Then, the normal amount is still charged each month, but you receive a credit for the difference between the normal amount and the promotional price that you actually pay. So the agreement technically never changes, you just receive a monthly credit....I can assure you that as long as you followed that process for the promotion that you are all set."

....and now, nearly 4 months later, after having repeatedly called about the credit, VZN tells me there was no such promo. The Customer Receipt with my phone spells out "SAMSUNG S7 CREDIT" as others have mentioned. I have been a VZN customer for nearly 20 years.  And this is the service provided?

At this point, I am hopeful the 'investigation' referred to in an earlier post proves fruitful, and the comment that all discussions in this blog will be compensated - fulfilling the contract promo obligation - is true.  Most recently, I shared this Discussion Thread and link to wayback machine to a VZN Rep. Meanwhile, I will continue pursue resolution.

0 Likes